Hear the latest BikePortland/94.7FM radio spots

Posted by on June 29th, 2011 at 4:44 pm

It’s been a while since I mentioned the partnership between BikePortland and the local arm of Entercom Communications Corporation. In case you forgot, or are new to the site, back in March 2010 we joined forces to spread the word about bicycling on 94.7 FM, Entercom’s Portland-based alternative music station.

Our spring campaign logo.

Here’s how it works. I write up a 30 second message about bicycling (any topic I want, they don’t even check!), we record them down at Entercom studios in South Waterfront, then Entercom adds a 30 second message from an advertiser. The advertisers are all companies that want to be aligned with bicycling and the 94.7/BikePortland partnership. These 60 second messages play throughout the day, with the frequency dependent on how many sponsors have signed up. Everyone wins!

Today I want to share a few of our newly recorded messages that you’ll soon be hearing on the air. They cover recreational rides, the new residential speed law, and the perennial problem of dooring. Have a listen (note: the tracks below do not include the sponsor message)…

PBOT’s new recreational rides

Legislature passes residential speed law

Dooring!

I’d love to know what you think. Have you heard these on the air yet? What other topics should I cover in future recordings? For a list of past recordings, check out the BikePortland on the Radio page.

If you want to be involved with this partnership as a sponsor, we’d love to have you on board. Just drop me a line and I’ll put you in touch with the right people.

Comments
  • Kasandra Griffin June 29, 2011 at 4:58 pm

JM, I haven’t listened to all your previous spots, but I just did a scan of all the titles, and I’d put in a plug for more general “let’s all be nice to each other out there” messaging. Not necessarily “let’s all follow the rules,” because that introduces the opportunity to argue about who breaks more rules or does more damage… but just “be nice, be safe, be respectful.”

• Sean June 29, 2011 at 6:18 pm

I think you should sound more enthused when speaking about the recreational rides. Get people excited!

• dwainedibbly June 29, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Nice spots. I think you’re doing a good job of remembering that in these you are something of an ambassador to the non-cycling public.

• Paul Johnson June 29, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Broadcast radio still exists? I switched to last.fm and Sirius long ago because I got sick of 101 minutes of CONTINUOUS ADS.

• dmc June 29, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Your voice and the background music make the radio spot feel very casual and local. The honking at the end of the spot reinforces this feeling.

Its makes me wanna get on my girlfriends beach cruiser and leisurely ride around the block.

good stuff bro