Posted by Jonathan "J.R" Reed on April 6th, 2011 at 1:51 pm
Job Title: Assistant/Associate Planner – Pedestrian & Bicycle Planning
Company/Organization: City of Eugene
Eugene, Oregon has a reputation as one of the best cities in America for bicycling and also has a world class bus rapid transit system. The Eugene Public Works Department seeks an Assistant/Associate Planner who will build on this legacy in the areas of pedestrian and bicycle planning and development of multimodal transportation facilities. This position plays a critical role in the completion and implementation of the Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan, implementation of the Pedestrian and Bicycle Strategic Plan, promoting alternatives to single occupancy driving, identifying improvements to pedestrian and bicycle facilities, and applying for grants to fund such projects.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manages development of Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan and other bicycle and pedestrian planning initiatives.
• Leads implementation of the Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan including project development and city code updates.
• Develops project-level plans and conceptual designs for transportation projects with an emphasis on pedestrian and bicycle facilities and streetscape projects.
• Coordinates the Transportation Options Team within Transportation Planning.
• Develops and coordinates public participation strategies for transportation planning projects; makes presentations and facilitates meetings.
• Manages consulting contracts for special projects/studies.
• Works with other City departments, governmental agencies, citizen groups, and local businesses to implement transportation projects and policies.
Qualified candidates should have:
• Bachelor’s degree in planning, or a related field;
• Master’s degree is desirable for the Associate Planner position; and
• One year of planning experience for the Assistant Planner and three years for the Associate Planner position, with an emphasis on transportation planning and development of pedestrian and bicycle facilities.
The annual salary range for this position is $49,961 to $67,912.
How to Apply:
To see full position description and apply, please go to http://www.eugene-or.gov/jobs. Application deadline is April 29, 2011, 5:00pm.