Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on December 30th, 2010 at 4:14 pm
(Photo: Sarah Mirk/Portland Mercury )
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year and say thanks for making 2010 great.
It was a year of big changes for BikePortland and for bicycling in this city in general. I’ll share more thoughts on the big ideas and politics that shaped 2010 from a bike perspective next week; but right now I just want to say thanks.
I’m extremely proud to be a part of this community (online and off) and everyone — our advertisers, donors, readers, and contributors — who come together to make this site tick. 2010 was sort of a reflective and transitional year for me and the site. We’ve got some big changes coming next year.
Cheers to the New Year and enjoy the weekend! See you in 2011!
Don’t forget to check our New Year’s Ride Guide. If you’d like to reminisce a bit, below are the top ten stories we published (in terms of pageviews calculated by Google Analytics):
- An estimated 13,000 take part in Portland’s Naked Bike Ride
- See the bike IKEA just gave all 12,400 of its U.S. employees
- A bike lane video game on N. Williams
- Editorial: Anti-bike group on Facebook needs to go
- Exclusive: TriMet bus operator placed on administrative leave following blog post
- Bike fashion: Up-close with a custom, three-piece cycling suit
- Q & A with rider who inspired “Kill this Bicyclist!” post
- Editorial: My year as a woman in a city of bikes
- Owner of Mt. Hood Ski Bowl pleads guilty to drunken hit-and-run
- Karl Moritz clings to life following crash on SE Ladd
Feel free to share your fondest bike memories of 2010 in the comments below…Email This Post