Local framebuilders to display at Cycle Oregon's bike expo

Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on August 28th, 2007 at 12:40 pm

NAHBS Day 2
Cycle Oregon participants are in for a treat.
(Photo: Jonathan Maus)

Framebuilders from all over Oregon, including eight from Portland, will participate in the "Made in Oregon Bike Expo" to be held during the 20th annual Cycle Oregon ride.

The event will take place September 10-11 during the ride's layover day at Diamond Lake.

Here is the complete vendor list (Portland-based builders in bold):

The expo will run from 4-8pm on Monday, September 10th and from noon to 8pm on Tuesday the 11th.

Cycle Oregon (which I will be doing again this year!) is September 9-15.

Possibly related posts

Comments
  • Gino August 28, 2007 at 1:38 pm

This is great news, but I wonder if anyone at the ride will really care. I rode the CO weekend in June, and saw perhaps 3 steel framed bicycles aside from my wife\'s and mine. Every else was on carbon. At any rate, maybe it\'ll open some eyes to the amazing builders in Oregon.

• Tony Pereira August 28, 2007 at 1:43 pm

Gino, That\'s likely because they don\'t know that we exist. We came up with the idea for this expo with the specific intent to put our bikes in front of those folks with the hope that their next bike would be a locally made beaut. -Tony

• Mark P. August 28, 2007 at 2:19 pm

Super! My wife and I are going to be on Cycle Oregon and we can\'t wait to check out these local bikes.

• joeb August 28, 2007 at 2:59 pm

I want my next bike to be locally made. I wasn\'t aware of local manufacturers when I bought my bike.

• Scout August 28, 2007 at 5:51 pm

I saw my very first Sweetpea bikes up close and personal this weekend, and they were absolutely swoon-worthy. Natalie has truly outdone herself.

• Crash N. Burns August 29, 2007 at 12:23 am

At Diamond Lake? I got so excited that I could actually go (work nights and weekends) but then notices it\'s at Diamond lake. Aaarrrgghhhh.

• mudhoney August 29, 2007 at 8:53 am

Tony-
    Will you have any of your cross/mtn bikes there?