Advertise on BikePortland

Don’t forget to nominate your bike heroes

Posted by on January 12th, 2007 at 10:22 am

The BTA wants to spread the word that January 20th is the deadline for Alice Award nominations,

“Has an individual, business, government agency or community group you know provided inspiration to cyclists, made biking safer or easier, or helped make bikes a part of the fabric of your community? Nominate that person for an Alice Award!”

Check out who’s already been nominated and submit your nominations online.

The gala event will take place on March 10th.

• tonyt January 12, 2007 at 11:47 am

Yea Jonathan!

I went over there to nominate you and . . . somebody beat me to it!

Just don’t forget us little people if you win.

Hey, I have an idea! You know how they honor celebrities with stars in the sidewalks in LA?

How about some sort of public artwork thing that honors alternative transportation heroes here in P-town. Of course the first nominee should be Bud Clark.

• Dabby January 12, 2007 at 7:31 pm

Bud Clark should be Mayor again…
    I love Bud Clark!

• Anonymous January 12, 2007 at 10:00 pm

I knew you’d throw in! I almost asked “Hey Dabby, you’re a Bud Clark booster aren’t you?”

Let’s see, what could it be?

• tonyt January 12, 2007 at 10:01 pm

Let’s see, what could it be?

• Tiah January 19, 2007 at 2:45 pm

well an obvious thing would be to have some new cycle rack plaqued with “in honor of..”

• Bonnie January 25, 2007 at 12:05 pm

I tried nominating my bike hero, but my entry failed. So, I thought I would mention him here. Adam Douglas is a huge bike advocate. Always participating in bike activities, and educating others around him about bike safety. He worked hard during Portland Carfree Days, and spent all three days (and nights) talking to people about biking in Portland. He’s also been working hard to make Last Thursday car free. Which I think we would all love! There is more to say, but, I just wanted to send a quick note to say thanks to Adam.