Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on October 12th, 2006 at 8:50 am
The BTA will unveil the full results of this year's Bike Commute Challenge at a celebration party tonight.
I've been nagging their events and outreach director Michelle Poyourow for several days to give us a sneak peek into the much-anticipated results. She finally broke down and gave in (thanks Michelle!). She's saving the full results for the party, but here are a few teasers...
Category winners include:
- The BTA: They remain unbeaten in their category...as it should be!
- Team Estrogen: According to Michelle they, "came out of nowhwere and whupped everyone!"
- King Cycle Group (Chris King Precision Components)
- New Seasons: They "dominated" their category, taking three of the top four spots.
Other factoids from Michelle:
- "The City of Portland had an all-around excellent showing with multiple bureaus doing really well."
- "The top two distance riders are BOTH from TriMet! They are Jerry Sound, who rides from Canby (880 miles) and Wally Clardy (860 miles), who rides from Oregon City to Gresham. Third in distance was Terry Reese of Oregon State University (850 miles)."
- The most far-flung companies were Collins Wood in Klamath Falls, J Bar J Boys Ranch in Bend, Hood River Valley High School, and Hatfield Marine Sciences Center in Newport."
For the full lowdown, you'll have to wait for the official press release or better yet, attend tonight's party at Ecotrust (721 NW 9th) from 5-7pm.
Congratulations to everyone who gave a little more effort to ride to work during the Bike Commute Challenge and thanks to the BTA for putting together such a healthy competition!Email This Post Possibly related posts