Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on January 3rd, 2019 at 12:55 pm
Company / Organization
Community Cycling Center
At the Community Cycling Center, we believe that bikes make the world a better place. Our mission is to broaden access to bicycling and its benefits to help build a vibrant community where people of all backgrounds use bicycles to stay healthy and connected. We believe that all people – regardless of income or background – should be able to experience the joy, freedom, and health benefits of bicycling.
We operate a full-service bike shop on NE Alberta that serves the neighborhood, AND is a destination for people searching for used bikes & parts, or trying to ride bikes on a tight budget. The shop serves as the hub for many of our programs, which help riders build their skills and confidence; empower young people to ride to school and adults to ride to work; offer educational opportunities for teens to earn school credit; and support everyone in riding for health and recreation. We also collaborate with numerous community partners to generate pathways to employment and engagement within the growing bicycle movement by training new educators, leaders, advocates and mechanics.
The Community Cycling Center is an equal opportunity employer and strongly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences are encouraged to apply.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Retail Specialist is responsible for providing excellent customer service, maintaining a clean, welcoming and well stocked retail environment and developing strong customer relationships. This position will require experience working with point of sale and inventory management systems, experience in a high volume retail environment, the ability to refine and develop workable systems, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as needed.
• Greet customers and provide welcoming retail environment for people of all backgrounds
• Provide excellent customer service in all aspects of retail sales
• Clean and maintain retail space and stock retail floor on a daily basis
• Work collaboratively with all shop staff to maintain reliable and relevant inventories
• Work with retail management to create displays, signs and labels to showcase products in innovative and efficient ways
• Maintain and improve storage systems and retail environment to increase efficiency, capacity and inventory reliability.
• Participate in team meetings
• As a non-profit we believe that fundraising is everyone’s job. There is an expectation that all employees will support fundraising efforts.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
• Personable, receptive and compassionate approach to customer service
• Prior retail experience
• Ability to maintain composure and a respectful, cooperative attitude through high stress situations
• Attention to detail and a methodical approach to accomplishing tasks
• Capacity to work independently and deliver on objectives
• Experience with POS and general computer systems
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• A strong desire to learn and develop professional skills in the bicycle industry
• A commitment to equity and social justice
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE
• Proficiency in Spanish and/or American Sign Language
• Prior Bike Shop experience
• Experience with Lightspeed POS
• Full time, non-exempt employee, 32-40 hours per week, including weekends
• $14.50 per hour to start; opportunities for advancement
• Benefits valued at over $7K/year: Health, dental and vision insurance, Paid Time Off, $200 annual Used Parts Allowance, $90 annual shop allowance. Also cost +10% pricing on new parts & flexible scheduling during off-season
How to Apply
Send your resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) references to Jobs@CommunityCyclingCenter.org.
Please write “Retail Specialist” as the subject line. No phone calls, please.