Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on May 1st, 2018 at 2:09 pm
Sorry, this job has been filled. Browse more great jobs here.
Company / Organization
Portland Design Works
Portland Design Works (PDW) was established in 2008 to create beautiful, simple gear for everyday cycling. We’re a small team working together to design functional, fun products that cyclists ride on road, paths and trails around the world. We are proud of the positive impact we have on the community as a long-term 1% For the Planet business member.
PDW is looking for a Marketing Manager to support our marketing and communication strategies across our digital channels, at events, and through business, media, and nonprofit partnerships. In this role, you’ll be the voice of the brand. You will work closely with your coworkers to build and scale marketing efforts that will continue to grow our brands’ recognition in both B2C and B2B markets. The Marketing Manager position is full-time and based out of our SE Portland office. Schedule is Monday through Friday with occasional weekend work for events.
– Create and implement marketing plan and brand communication strategy
– Manage the production, publication and maintenance of digital and print assets including websites, social media accounts, ad campaigns and promotional materials
– Develop and manage marketing operating budget
– Produce brand videos and photo collections through relationships with third party producers
– Work with designer to develop digital media assets that adhere to brand standards
– Develop content for and analyze results of enewsletter and automation flow campaigns
– Maintain and grow brand presence across social media accounts
– Work with our Web Development Contactor to develop and continually optimize website functionality and digital marketing initiatives
– Manage event and tradeshow calendars
– Foster relationships with media editors and influencers to drive brand awareness
– Manage sponsorship program and partnerships with cycling nonprofits and advocacy groups
Experience and Skills:
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (preferably within Marketing, PR, Communications or similar field)
– 3+ years of professional marketing experience
– Ability to work both independently and as part of a small team
– Strong communication, organizational and time management skills a must
– Experience managing projects with many moving parts
– Experience developing content for websites and social media channels for a business
– Experience reading and analyzing website and email data
– High energy, self-starter with an outgoing personality
– Proficient using Microsoft Office and G Suite and, ideally, Shopify and MailChimp
– Passionate about the positive impact of bicycles
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter that explains why you'd like to join the PDW team to email@example.com.