Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on January 15th, 2018 at 12:30 pm
Job Title *
Efficient Velo Tools LLC
Job Description *
Efficient Velo Tools, LLC is searching for a Production Technician to work at our factory in the Parkrose neighborhood of NE Portland. We are growing, and looking for a production technician with a passion for excellence and a drive to go above and beyond for the team.
EVT was started by master mechanic Brett Flemming in 1999, and has grown over the years to a company that produces quality bicycle repair tools in the U.S. We do much of our production in-house, and have high demand for many of our tools, including our E-Z Lift Repair Stand and Right Arm Repair Clamp. Our main emphasis is on creating quality tools that last, with attention to detail and finishing touches that set our tools apart.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about the bicycle industry and is interested in working in a metal shop setting, owning several important parts of the production process. This person should be a positive self-starter, who is excited to learn and grow at EVT.
Production Technician job duties include:
40% Metal Fabrication
Horizontal and vertical bandsaw
Manual lathe, milling machine and drill press
Die grinder, angle grinder, palm sander, pedestal sander/grinder
Tig welder (DOE)
40% Processing of Finished Goods
Pack and ship
10% Maintenance and Janitorial
Always leave workspace better than you found it
Sweep, vacuum, take out trash, scrub machines etc.
Organize drawers and shelves
Pickup and drop-off at vendors
5% Misc. Tasks
– Additionally, the person in this position will be required to lift heavy loads (up to 50 lbs unassisted).
– Attention to detail
– Self-motivated with a passion for excellence
– Tig-welding interest a plus
– Willingness to learn new skills
– Desire to grow within our expanding and diverse company
– Formal training or hands-on experience with metal fabrication
– Experience with bicycles and/or bicycle repair a plus, but not required. Please note this position does not provide regular hands-on interaction with bicycles, but is rather focused on the production of bicycle repair tools.
Starting pay or compensation: $17/hour. Full-time position (32-40 hours/week) includes dental and health benefits through Providence. Hours are typically 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., M-F.
How to Apply *
If you have any questions or if you would like to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration, please email Casey@efficientvelo.com.