Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on June 28th, 2017 at 5:19 am
Job Title *
Job Description *
The Bike Gallery is hiring now at all of our stores in Portland, Clackamas, Beaverton & Lake Oswego for experience bike mechanics and bike builders. We have both FT & PT positions available.
Bike mechanics represent the link between customers and our service department. Being able to comfortably interact with customers is a basic expectation of all service personnel. This includes being able to respond to telephone inquiries, and customers in the store who have questions, want to buy parts, drop off a bike for service, or pick up a completed service job. When not responding to customer needs, technicians will spend the balance of their shift building or repairing bicycles, installing parts, or calling customers who have completed repairs waiting to be picked up. Service technicians must be highly skilled in the maintenance and repair of a wide variety of bicycle makes, models, and component parts. It is also an expectation that service technicians will keep current with new technology and changes in equipment design.
– prior shop experience preferred
– ability to diagnose and service a wide range of performance complaints for a wide range of equipment types
– ability to complete a bicycle assembly for any product carried, to the established quality standard, and within the established time parameters for the product in question
– ability to identify and perform all aspects of replacement part installation to the established time and quality standards
– preferred UBI certification
– strong customer service skills
– ability to work as a part of a team
Both permanent and seasonal positions are available. Permanent full-time employees are offered a full benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance & 401(k) with a match as well as Aflac and Flex spending accounts.
How to Apply *
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org