Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on October 31st, 2016 at 11:23 am
Job Title *
Professional Painter Position
Black Magic Paint
Job Description *
Black Magic Paint:
We are a very small company focused on the highest quality bicycle finishes available. We serve many of the United States best custom bike builders as well as individual clients looking to customize or restore their bicycles and projects. We also provide services for industrial applications as well as some motorcycle finishing. We are a small, specialized, and passionate company dedicated to absolute quality standards. Learn more about our work at www.blackmagicpaint.com
– We are looking for an experienced custom painter to work alongside the owners of the company and other painters to produce the best finishes in the industry. The candidate for this position will be required to take prepped frames/parts through completion including primer, basecoat, clear, buffing/polishing. Materials that will be painted include steel, stainless steel, titanium, carbon fiber, fiberglass, wood, and aluminum.
Minimum Job Requirements:
– Must be experienced with PPG DBC, Axalta Chromabase, and House of Kolor or similar processes.
– Must have experience in painting items other than cars as 90% of what we paint does not have a flat surface, although auto experience/background is helpful
– Proficient communication skills and extremely high attention do detail
– Experience with prepping/painting carbon fiber/composites
– Experience with Google Docs and or Microsoft Office
– Experience with Adobe Illustrator and vinyl cutter a plus
-Reliable transportation-rural location not accessible by public transit
– In depth understanding of bicycle mechanics is a HUGE plus, but not necessary
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
– Efficient completion of paperwork and check lists.
– Media blasting, sanding, and general prep work (Primary focus for this position will be painting/finishing)
– Managing supply stock levels
– Sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean.
– Continually able to stand for extended periods of time.
– Continually able to use pneumatic tools
– Continually able to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel, and carry product.
– Continually able to walk up and down staircase, carrying boxes, product, and other necessary store related items.
– Ability to regularly perform maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean.
– Ability to safely lift up to 55 lbs.
– Comfortable climbing step ladders.
– 3+ years experience in automotive, motorcycle, bicycle, and or custom high end paint work. Collision and body experience NOT necessary.
– Must be comfortable and capable to start prepped paint projects from start to finish with appropriate instruction and guidance. Prime, base coats, masking, clear coat, inter-coat clear, gloss, matte, buffing.
– Must be experienced in buffing and finishing for final steps
– Experience with PPG DBC, Axalta Chromabase , and HOK
– Willing to learn
Compensation and Benefits:
– Compensation is based on experience
– Health insurance after a probationary period
– Discounts on bicycle parts and accessories
– Black Magic Paint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, pregnancy or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
How to Apply *
To apply for a position, send a cover letter and resume by directly emailing INFO@BLACKMAGICPAINT.COM (No calls please). Please include 2-3 professional references.