Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on March 23rd, 2016 at 12:35 pm
Job Title *
Prep Cook & Bike Delivery -pizza&beer (International Award-Winning Brewery & PDX Icon)
Old Town Pizza & Brewing
Job Description *
Old Town Pizza & Brewing is an international award-winning brewery and pizzeria. The company began in 1974 and has since received national attention from The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Rachel Ray’s Tasty Travels and The Food Network.
“An icon, a must, something to check off your to-experience-before-you-die list.”
Prep Cook/ Delivery Rider
Do you have a passion for food, cooking and craft beer? Do you love working with great people who value a team atmosphere? If so, come join us at Old Town Brewing Company! We are searching for bright, energetic, hard-working and good people to join our fun team.
We’re looking for an experienced prep cook (main job), who likes to take occasional bike deliveries. Successful candidates will have great communication skills, be dependable and bring an enthusiastic attitude to our team.
Old Town Pizza & Brewing’s prep cooks are responsible for the daily preparation of all food items, as well as delivering pizza and beer to downtown Portland, in all weather conditions, via Old Town’s cargo bike.
• Completes a thorough daily prep list.
• Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
• Monitors and ensures exact measurement of all ingredients.
• Proper sanitization and preventative maintenance of food prep surfaces, walls, floors, drains, and shelving.
• Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
• Performs additional duties, although not detailed, as requested by supervisor/manager.
• Proper handling, labelling, shelving, rotation and storage of food and dry storage items in walk-in cooler and dry storage areas. First in, first out.
• Maintains proper preparation standards by following the prep guides and controlling waste.
• Operation and preventative maintenance of dishwasher, immersion blender, mixer, electric ovens, RoboCoupe, electric slicer, stovetop, delivery bikes, etc.
• Works effectively in a self-directed environment by displaying time management skills.
• Rides a delivery bicycle up to several miles in one shift quickly and in accordance of Oregon’s bike
• Maintains a professional appearance and attitude.
• Follow all OLCC regulations when delivering beer by bike.
• Valid Oregon Food Handler’s card.
• Has an Oregon Liquor Control Commission servers permit or willing to get one immediately.
• Experience with prep or a prep-related position.
Skills and Aptitudes
• Requires the ability to speak, read, and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and policy documents.
• Converse comfortably with guests, co-workers, and managers.
• Ability to take direction.
• Works well in a team environment.
• Ability to remain professional in all situations and areas of the restaurant.
• Must be self-motivated and organized.
How to Apply *
Submit resumes to Sheri@otbrewing.com.
At Old Town, we strive to be a great place to work. Check us out at OTbrewing.com