Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on December 28th, 2015 at 10:58 am
Job Title *
Gresham Area Chamber of Commerce
Job Description *
Enthusiasm and passion for business and biking is a must. The combination of the two will be evident in your cover letter and during the interview process. Independent, self-motivated, wise decision maker who appreciates and values local economies and the possibilities of bringing biking to East Multnomah County ultimately for economic growth. Project oriented, thorough, thoughtful, and high expectations for success. Plays well with others. Strong personal familiarity with East Multnomah County is a plus.
Job duration 18-24 months. Renewal determined by continued grant funding.
Current position funded by 3 separate grants.
Reports directly to the Chamber CEO and with other chamber staff engagement.
IN THIS ROLE
The Project Coordinator is responsible for marketing bicycle tourism in East Multnomah County. The Initiative is intended to draw visitors to the East Multnomah County region through bicycling and other events that promote overnight stays and patronizing local businesses. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to list below. In this role you will:
– Develop cycling routes, itineraries, and travel experiences that appeal to a broad range of cyclists including families, distance riders and mountain bikers;
– Work with bicycle tourism groups, travel organizations, chambers and visitor organizations to promote bicycle tourism in East Multnomah County;
– Develop and execute a marketing plan to promote bicycle tourism and East Multnomah County as a destination;
– Create and manage bicycle-related, and family-oriented events to draw visitors to East Multnomah County for day trips and overnight stays;
– Coordinate meetings with Gresham Chamber Executive and full Board, Advisory committee as needed to obtain input on project direction;
– Report and coordinate with funding agencies, including Metro, Travel Portland and Travel Oregon;
– Participate on steering committees and other advisory groups related to bicycle transportation and tourism including other chambers of commerce, visitor centers, Metro and Multnomah County officials.
– Prepare and write grants for continuation of project
– Network with potential funders
– Engage with partners, businesses and communities to better leverage existing community and tourism assets and increase return on investments, overnight stays, tourism activity within east Multnomah County; works with communities, lodging partners, tour operators, and others to support growth of existing and potential tourism related opportunities and activities.
– Respond to public inquiries in person, over the phone and via email
DO YOU QUALIFY?
– Knowledge of bicycle transportation and bicycle tourism
– Ability to develop bicycle routes and itineraries and map them on RidewithGPS or other related programs
– Event planning and tourism development
– Marketing, communications and public relations
– Project management, reporting and budgeting
– Self-starter able to work independently on multiple assignments and projects simultaneously; manage time effectively
– Ability to travel within the region and maintain an acceptable driving record.
– Experience with Microsoft office, GPS and GIS
– Successful grant writing experience
– Must own a bike or can ride one
EDUCATION / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in transportation, planning, public relations, or communications
– Minimum five years professional experience in related field or industry
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Hourly based on experience approx. 20 hours/wk variable: monthly transit pass and reimbursed mileage and work related expenses.
How to Apply *
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Gresham Area Chamber of Commerce, ATTN: Lynn, 1005 N Main, Gresham, Ore 97030
Job posting will be open until Jan 20, 2016 or the most qualified and best candidate is selected.