Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on December 28th, 2015 at 11:41 am
Job Title *
Job Description *
We are in the midst of our busiest time of the year and we on the search for a couple back-up cyclists to help out as we have people out for vacation or sick leave.
Our SoupCyclists are energetic, upbeat and strong-legged people who can brave the winter rains of Portland and still be smiling when they deliver soup to customers. This position is pretty rad if we do say so ourselves. It’s a combination of working in the kitchen one day each week and delivering soups two days/week.
• Personable and unflappable. There is a lot of customer interaction while you deliver and strong customer service is a must.
• A safe cyclist (uses hand-signals, wears helmet, respects drivers, etc)
• Excitement about food and sharing that with customers during deliveries.
• Excitement to work with a small, local business.
• Physically able to lift 75 lbs and pedal a bike trailer carrying up to 215 lbs.
• A sturdy bike to attach to our soup trailer for deliveries (you get to use your bike, we provide the trailer, and reimburse you for the use of your bike).
HOURS: 6-25 hours a week
How to Apply *
Send 2-3 paragraphs expressing your interest and a resume to email@example.com