Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on October 23rd, 2015 at 9:07 am
Job Title *
Seeking an Bike-Savvy, Customer-Focused Service Manager for a Growing Electric Bike Company
EVELO Electric Bicycle Company
Your Email Address (for listing confirmation) * firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description *
Well, hello there!
We’re so glad that you’ve come across this ad, as it may be the start of a beautiful [work] relationship!
Does this sound like you:
– Do you have an interest in cycling, green technology and ways that can get more people to drive less and bike more?
– Do you truly enjoy helping people, solving problems and believe that the right interaction with a customer can make a world of difference?
– Are you experienced with working on bikes or have a passion for working all things mechanical?
– Do you want to be a part of a small, close knit start up team where your contributions are valued, appreciated and make a real impact?
If the answer is yes, then by all means – keep reading!.
=== Who We Are ===
We are EVELO (www.evelo.com), a New York-based electric bicycle company that is focused on developing ways to make cycling more accessible to a wider range of the population by removing barriers that keep people from cycling in the first place (hills, age, fitness levels or even arriving to work sweaty).
We are fanatically focused on delivering a wonderful customer experience to everybody who comes in touch with our company, as we believe that a friendly, personal and emphatic customer service is really what makes the customers happy and companies achieve greatness.
We are growing quickly and expanding further in Seattle. As such, we are looking to fill a new Customer Service Expert position with a bright, ambitious individual who wants a job with direct impact and responsibility.
=== What’s The Job? ===
It’s simple! Help our customers have a fantastic experience with the bike they purchase and all of their interactions with us.
This position includes (but not limited to):
Handle inbound support inquiries by email and phone and follow up with customers to ensure that the problems get successfully resolved.
Work directly with customers and partner shops to troubleshoot and resolve problems,
Manage the refurbishing process for bikes that they returned to us – inspect them, fix them if needed and repackage for sale as an Open-Box Bike.
Recruit and engage other bike shops around the country to help with various service issues, as they come up.
Communicate issues, ideas for improvement and other suggestions to the rest of the team so they can be implemented.
Provide test-rides to occasional walk-in customers and assist them with purchasing decisions.
Check in at the warehouse on a weekly basis to ensure that the operations are running smoothly and serve as a liaison between our staff around the country and the warehouse operations.
Help setup the new office to ensure it meets the company’s culture and mission of delivering amazing customer service and helping people improve lives.
=== What does a typical day at EVELO look like? ===
It certainly varies, but in a course of a day, you may deal with a:
– Customer who received a bike but has questions about assembly and wants someone to work them through it. So you help them out and then work with the rest of the team to put together ideas for a new video that can help customers assemble the bikes easier.
– Customer is experiencing an issue with the bike after riding it for 6 months and wants help to troubleshoot and resolve it. You get in touch with them, diagnose the issue and schedule a visit to a nearby bike shop to have the problem resolved under warranty.
– A bike gets returned to us because it was not the right fit for the customer. You inspect the product, fix any issues that may have come up, and prepare it as an Open-Box Bike for sale online or in-person (for occasional walk-in customers).
This is just a small sample of the issues that come in, but they give you a glimpse of what you’d be dealing with on a day-to-day basis.
It’s worth mentioning that 95% of all interactions with customers and shops will take place via phone and email, as most of our business is done all over the country. That said, we’re just opening up a new office location next to our warehouse, so you’ll be our first full-time team member at that location and you’ll get to work with the warehouse staff and some of our local team in-person.
=== The Logistics: ===
Location: Our current 10-person team is spread out around the country with headquarters in New York. However, we’re just opening up our West Coast office to be closer to the warehouse and logistics, so you’ll be working full-time out of that office.
Hours: This is a full time role from 8.30am to 5pm PST.
Compensation: The position starts at $36,000 per year and qualifies for the first raise in 6 months with good performance.
Three (3) weeks paid vacation is also provided to all full-time employees, activated after 3 months of employment.
=== Are You Interested? ===
Wonderful! If you’ve made it this far, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, please go to the following link and follow the instructions:
Thank you and we really look forward to hearing from you!
How to Apply *
To apply, please go to the following link and follow the instructions: