BikePortland is 10 years old. Let’s have a party!

Posted by on September 10th, 2015 at 3:35 pm

Can you believe we’ve survived for 10 years?

Michael and I recording our subscription
promo video a few nights ago.
(Photo by Guthrie Straw)

A full decade of your comments, crazy stories, controversies, tragedies, triumphs, rides, meetings… It has been one hell of a journey.

As of this morning we’ve published 11,281 Front Page stories and 307,136 comments. That’s a lot of memories!

We have so much to celebrate. Thanks in large part to your recent outpouring of support (we’re up to $16,000 and counting!), I am relieved and excited to say that BikePortland has never been stronger.

To look back at our amazing decade and start the next decade off on the right foot, please help us celebrate.

Roll on over to Velo Cult (1969 NE 42nd) on October 2nd for our 10th birthday bash.

We’ll have a cake, food, wonderful drinks of all kinds, live music, a prize raffle, a speech or two, and a whole lot more. Bring your best and worst BikePortland memories. In the spirit of how we do things around here, everyone will be welcome to step up to the mic and share their thoughts and perspectives about our little blog.

Name tags will be provided if you want to share your username in hopes of meeting your dearly beloved comment-friends.

Oh, and what’s this I hear about a new subscription program? Show up, learn all about it, and then sign-up to help us keep BikePortland strong for another 10 years.

You are all such a huge part of what we do that I couldn’t imagine marking this milestone without you.

BikePortland’s 10th Birthday Party
    October 2nd at 6:00 pm
    Velo Cult Bike Shop and Tavern (1969 NE 42nd)
    Families encouraged! It’s an all-ages venue
    Facebook event

Hope to see you on the 2nd!

Please support BikePortland.

Adam Herstein September 10, 2015 at 3:41 pm

Can’t wait! Keep up the great work!

rachel b September 10, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Happy Anniversary! And many thanks!

Kristi Finney Dunn September 10, 2015 at 5:13 pm

I am so happy for Bike Portland meeting this milestone and so grateful for all the support, encouragement, and ideas I’ve received over these last four years.

Jason Britton September 10, 2015 at 5:15 pm

I wish I was going to be in town. Thanks for all the hard work you guys do!

Anne Hawley September 10, 2015 at 7:24 pm

Congratulations! What an achievement! The party is on my calendar.

Seattle September 10, 2015 at 8:22 pm

HBD 2u!

Aixe Djelal September 10, 2015 at 9:37 pm

Congrats and thank you for dedicating 10 years to this awesome publication! I’m looking forward to the party.

9watts September 10, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Will there be an ODOT piñata?

Just kidding.
    Congratulations Jonathan and Michael!

Terry D-M September 11, 2015 at 12:54 am

It can be shaped like a giant cloverleaf

• joeb
    joeb September 10, 2015 at 11:08 pm

I will be a happy subscriber. For me, Bikeportland sets the standard for independent reporting. Thank you, Jonathan and Michael. I’m not confirmed, but the party is on my calendar.

• Lenny Anderson
    Lenny Anderson September 11, 2015 at 5:19 pm

You guys make a great team! Congrats. Hoping you can keep it going another 10 years and more!

Steve Hoyt-McBeth September 13, 2015 at 1:17 am

Congrats on a great run! I’m coming with a bike share bike for everyone to try out.