Posted by Jonathan Maus ( Publisher/Editor ) on March 6th, 2014 at 1:40 pm
Sorry. This job has been filled. Find more openings here.
Community Cycling Center
The Community Cycling Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. Our mission is to broaden access to bicycling and its benefits. We envision a vibrant community where people of all backgrounds use bicycles to stay healthy and connected. The values that guide and direct the work of the Community Cycling Center are: Community, Creativity, Sustainability, Diversity, and Accountability. We believe that fund development is part of everyone’s job.
The Community Cycling Center promotes an inclusive culture and encourages people with diverse backgrounds and abilities to apply. Visit www.CommunityCyclingCenter.org for more information about us.
General Position Summary
The Development Coordinator will work closely with the Development Manager to inspire support from individuals, groups, businesses, and funders to ensure the long-term financial health of the Community Cycling Center. The successful candidate will be a resourceful problem-solver with a love for fund development, donor stewardship, and data management. This position is located at our programs and administrative office.
Database management – 40% (16 hours per week)
• Optimize and manage donor database to ensure effective communication with individuals, organizations, and grant-makers. This includes entering donations, tracking donor communication, and reporting
• Actively learn and improve upon the Salesforce database and our online giving platform. Proactively seek solutions to database recording and reporting challenges.
• Generate clear and concise donor tracking and reporting monthly. This includes updating our master fundraising tracker and reporting on campaigns.
• Reconcile all donations monthly with financial records
Donor Communication – 20% (8 hours per week)
• Develop, update and send donor thank you letters within two working days of gift receipt
• Develop donor stewardship communication with Development Manager; coordinate these communications
• Write blog posts, thank you notes, social media text and emails
• Prepare mailing lists for campaigns and donor stewardship to be used by other staff and Board members
Event coordination– 20% (8 hours per week)
• Develop all fundraising & stewardship event plans with Development Manager
• Coordinate logistics for multiple fundraising & stewardship events– including volunteer management, in-kind donation requests and day-of needs
• Be present at external tabling events as necessary
General fundraising support– 20% (8 hours per week)
• Assist in planning of fundraising campaigns
• Provide support in stewarding and marketing to Bike Shop staff and customers
• Work with and coordinate volunteers on projects and committees
• Communicate with and compile information from multiple third party donor portals to ensure tracking of gifts & acknowledgements
• Update website and materials as needed with accurate donor and fundraising information
• Develop and maintain hard files for historical and audit purposes
• Track grant application and reporting deadlines
• Manage large donor mailings; Coordination with outside vendors including printers, designers and mailing systems
• Other fundraising-related duties, as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications
• 2+ years experience in nonprofit development, database management, and event planning
• Proven ability to problem solve and trouble shoot technical systems; Seek out and implement technical solutions
• Work in a team environment of staff, volunteers, and donors. Ability to coordinate and direct people toward a common goal
• Creative thinker; Deadline driven; Highly organized; Attention to detail
• A passion for fundraising and clean data
• Flexible in attitude and schedule
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel
• Ability to lift 25 pounds and work a flexible schedule, including occasional weeknights and weekends
Desired Skills & Qualifications
• Ability to ride a bicycle
• Prior experience with Salesforce or other fundraising software
• Email platform knowledge
• Dreamweaver experience
Reports to: Development Manager
Pay rate & benefits: Salary DOE. This is a full-time position. We offer a generous benefits package. Included are medical, dental, life, and accidental death and dismemberment insurances. We offer a retirement plan, paid time off, sick leave, and a used parts allowance at our bike shop among other benefits.
How to Apply *
Send your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Jobs@CommunityCyclingCenter.org. Please include in your cover letter how you learned of the position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please.