Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on July 8th, 2013 at 3:24 pm
Sorry. This job has been filled.
We are a family business that designs, makes by hand, and sells leather gear for bicycles, beer, and more. We have a relaxed, garage-based workplace. Come grow with us!
Position Summary: The Leather Craftsperson is responsible for hand-crafting leather into various products under the instruction of a master craftsman. This is a unique opportunity for a craftsperson to apprentice under a supportive mentor.
• An artist’s discerning eye for quality and detail
• Reliable, punctual, and self-motivated worker with a strong work ethic
• Comfortable using X-acto blades
• 20/20 Vision (with corrective lenses acceptable)
• Must have physical strength and stamina: standing and sitting for 8 hours a day and able to lift 50 lb
• Experience with woodcraft or model-building a plus
• Experience hand-sewing a plus
• Experience and/or enthusiasm for bicycling a plus
• Experience in customer service or an office environment a plus
• Craft/make leather products
• Use of various hand tools and power tools
• Occasional office support when necessary
• Sick leave
• Reasonably flexible scheduling, with additional hours during seasonal rushes
• Starting pay $11.00 per hour, 20-30 hours/week
• Opportunity for additional benefits after 6 months review
How to Apply
NO DROP-BYS AND NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com by end of day July 19, 2013.