New Inventory Coordinator
Community Cycling Center
The Community Cycling Center broadens access to bicycling and its benefits through hands-on programs, volunteer projects, and neighborhood bike shop. We believe bicycles are a tool for empowerment and a vehicle for change. This position is located at the Community Cycling Center bike shop at 1700 NE Alberta. The Community Cycling Center is an energetic and collaborative workplace. Visit www.CommunityCylingCenter.org for more information about us.
The Community Cycling Center promotes an inclusive culture and encourages people with diverse backgrounds and abilities to apply. As a non-profit we believe that fundraising is everyone’s job. There is an expectation that all employees will support fundraising efforts.
The New Inventory Coordinator is responsible for the purchasing, inventory management, and distributor relations for the Community Cycling Center bike shop. With the support of the shop management team and the New Inventory Specialist, the New Inventory Coordinator will help to ensure that customers and shop staff have a great selection of what they need and want. The position will require a team-building approach, the ability to anticipate demands, and a customer focused approach to purchasing. Experience in a high-volume retail environment, clear communication methods, and constant refinement of systems will be crucial to the success of this position.
Purchasing and Inventory Management (85%)
• Fill purchase orders based on the needs of shop operations
• Develop quality relationships with parts distributors to ensure consistent and timely delivery of shipments
• Analyze sales trends to determine adequate stocking levels and product selection
• Refine and update inventory management systems to maximize efficiency
• Coordinate the delivery of special orders
• Process items that need to be returned to distributors
• Execute and process product returns and exchanges
• Coordinate with accounting team to ensure bills are paid on time and due credits have been received.
Planning and Evaluation (15%)
• Work with shop management team to utilize storage and floor space to maximize accessibility to customers and staff
• Evaluate trends in product returns and customer feedback
• Track and report monthly spending budget
• Coordinate with program managers to provide for the needs of Cycling Center programs
• Stay current on new products and evaluate opportunities to refine product offerings
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Bicycle focused technical competency
• Experience in purchasing and inventory coordination required
• Strong organizational skills including ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
• Ability to meet project deadlines and account for detailed objectives
• Fluency in spreadsheet software and comfort navigating inventory management systems a must
• Able to work closely and effectively with people from different cultural and class backgrounds
• Successful candidate must be able to pass a criminal background check
PAY RATE & BENEFITS:
Hours: Full Time (32-40 hrs/wk)
Pay: $12.89 – $15.00/hour depending on experience and expertise
Schedule: 5 day week, Monday through Friday
Benefits: A partial list of benefits includes health and dental insurance, Paid Time Off, Used Parts Allowance, flexible scheduling during off-season, and working for a dynamic nonprofit in an exciting time in its organizational history.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume, and (3) references to: email@example.com