Among many exciting new crafts and crafters debuting at BikeCraft tomorrow is a new offering from a familiar company.
The Zine Trike is the newest addition to the fleet of local bookseller and publisher Microcosm Publishing.
The Zine Trike is a Philadelphia-made Haley, purchased used from a local bike shop owner and repainted in Microcosm’s colors of orange and blue. Illustrator Matt Gauck painted zine-reading sea creatures on two of the trike’s door panels.
For BikeCraft, the trike will be loaded up with all of Microcosm’s bike-related materials — zines, new and used books, patches, stickers, t-shirts (including classics like Put the Fun Between Your Legs and new offerings like Live Free or Drive) and buttons. Once it’s been used to transport materials to the event from the Microcosm store at SE 9th and Main, the trike will unfold to serve as a display table.
Other printed and published matter on hand will be plentiful and exciting, including:
by Ms. Starry Art
– Another standby, worker-owned Stumptown Printers, will be back with their beautiful bike posters
– More in-your-face, bike-themed stickers, patches, buttons, and shirts from local printers bIKE pUNK
– Rebel Cricket Screen Prints is joining the line-up this year of local printers. We’re excited to see what they bring.
– Upcycle 27 will be back, bringing her DIY, reclaimed aesthetic to cards, patches, shirts, stickers, and more
– Shawn Granton‘s bike touring zines, bike scene comics, drawings, and cards are not to be missed — he promises a new poster design this year.
– Ms. Starry Art has been on the local craft scene for a while — this is her first BikeCraft, where she’ll be debuting her Santa on a Pennyfarthing holiday cards.
– Ben Parsons returns with his popular vintage bicycle scene screen prints
– Local author Joe “Metal Cowboy” Kurmaskie will be hawking his titles, including his latest, Mud, Sweat, and Gears: A Rowdy Family Bike Adventure Across Canada on Seven Wheels
– Filmed By Bike will be selling DVDs of past programs (roasted hazelnuts included if you buy a set) and showing their new trailer
– …and there’s much more. It’s going to be amazing. But you’ll have to be there to see it.
See our directory for a full list of crafters so far. And see you tomorrow!