Support BikePortland

Bike of the Day: Small, tall, and furry

Posted by on April 17th, 2008 at 8:30 am

I noticed this fabulously furry and pink mini-tall-bike parked in the racks at my daughter’s school this morning…

Bike of the Day-1.jpg

My daughter Eleni (age 5) isn’t quite sure what to make of it.

I never saw the owner, but I hope to run into them some time.

Please support BikePortland.

NOTE: We love your comments and work hard to ensure they are productive, considerate, and welcoming of all perspectives. Disagreements are encouraged, but only if done with tact and respect. If you see a mean or inappropriate comment, please contact us and we'll take a look at it right away. Also, if you comment frequently, please consider holding your thoughts so that others can step forward. Thank you β€” Jonathan

• Torfinn April 17, 2008 at 10:21 am

Hahahaha! Daughter doesn\’t look to sure about that…

πŸ˜€

• Qwendolyn April 17, 2008 at 10:23 am

I love it.

Mini

plus Tall

equals Just Right

• gabriel amadeus April 17, 2008 at 10:24 am

That\’s Fiona\’s new bike! She is a rad (and always colorful) zoobomber, who put on the 2007 minibikewinter fashion show. I love the expression on your daughter\’s face!

• Austin Ramsland April 17, 2008 at 10:42 am

That thing is amazing! I love the look on Eleni\’s face. . .

• Joe April 17, 2008 at 10:59 am

wow how do they ride this?? hehe

• Dag April 17, 2008 at 1:01 pm

How don\’t they ride this??

Er… I\’m sure she just rides it. Those things don\’t handle much differently than a regular bike the same length.

It\’s pretty funny to me that people don\’t get how easy it is to ride most freak bikes. Sure, mounting a tall bike has a little trick to it, but they\’re easy once you\’re up there. The hardest-to-ride bike I\’ve made was a low chopper with a 6 foot fork.

• Matt Picio April 21, 2008 at 2:18 pm

That\’s awesome!

BTW, I learned in Ray Thomas\’ legal clinic at the BTA that the new passing law requires cars to stay far enough away that if the rider falls over, he won\’t hit the car. So… tallbikes should warrant at least half a lane or more.

• Fiona April 29, 2008 at 2:35 pm

Heh, yeah Im fiona, its my bike, and Im so glad something I made made a little person make a face like that. Made my day.