Mocktails warms hearts, hands

Valentines Mocktails on the bridge

[Carye Bye feels the love]

Last night, the bike love crew from Shift to Bikes was out in full force. They put on a super cool Mocktails on the Bridge event that greeted cold bike commuters with hot drinks, cookies, snacks and smiles.

Valentine Mocktails on the Bridge!

[Dat played cupid]

Valentines Mocktails on the bridge

[Warmth in numbers]

I brought the girls down and had to leave a bit early due to some little freezing limbs!

Thank you to Elly, Timo, Ken, Shawn, Patrick, and the entire re-energized and newly re-organized Breakfast on the Bridges crew for putting this together.

Notify of
guest

oldest
newest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
Jessica Roberts
16 years ago

I’m so, so, so sad I couldn’t make it! I made valentines to hand out and everything, but then I had to attend a Willamette Shoreline Trail/Transit Study meeting in Lake Oswego. Who schedules a meeting on Valentine’s Day? Bitter bureaucrats, I guess.

Anyway, I stuck my valentines on random bikes, so hopefully someone, somewhere felt the love.

Aaron
Aaron
16 years ago

Jessica;
Your love was definately felt in the passion you bring to trails advocacy and we all appreciate the effort.

josh m
josh m
16 years ago

well, i rode by going westbound w/ a group, but were not motivated to cross back over.

vanvliet
vanvliet
16 years ago

Josh, that’s just great. Thank you for letting us know this important detail. Do we deign to ask what would have motivated you to “cross back over?”

Ian
Ian
16 years ago

I wish I’d seen the hot drinks. It would have fortified me for the light sleet I rode through later. Shift rocks!

(How to tell it’s a Chunk bike? a. safety goggles b. handy roll of duct tape, applied liberally!)

josh m
josh m
16 years ago

Well, we were all riding downtown for my friends’ birthday deal at bar 15/xv. So, it seemed a bit out of the way for us to turn around and cross under the bridge to just have to do it again when we continued downtown.
yeah 😉