Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on July 2nd, 2014 at 4:21 pm
Store Service Manager
Bike Gallery – Lake Oswego
The Bike Gallery has an immediate opening for a Service Manager at our Lake Oswego location.
The Store Service Manager is responsible for supporting and enforcing the service department policies and procedures for the individual retail locations. This includes time and quality standards for service repairs, evaluation, support and supervision of service staff, and the measurement of service department sales and production performance. Store Service Managers are also expected to monitor and adjust to service department sales goals and manage the parts inventory for that store location. In order to manage these resources, the Store Service Manager will work closely with The Company Service Manager, and the Store manager.
The Store service Manager is a permanent, full time position requiring an average of forty-five hours per week during the retail season, with additional hourly requirements likely to result during company events such as the warehouse sale, Cycle Oregon, and the summer sale. Vacation and leave times must be coordinated with the Store Manager.
All company Service Managers are expected to attend and participate in technical trainings, clinics, and service summits in order to be informed of all developments pertaining to service procedures, techniques, and salient features. Bike Gallery has certain behavioral expectations of all managers, these include; returning all phone and e-mail messages within 24 hours, conducting all inter-company communications in a professional and results oriented manner, conducting all business dealings with integrity and communicating variations in scheduling to all parties affected.
Reinforce standards and procedures for store service department
The reinforcement of consistent standards for performance is critical to the process of measuring the effectiveness of the individual service departments. These responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Reinforce the protocols and procedures used for service intake and customer interaction.
• Participate in training and coaching to develop the critical skills needed to perform these functions to a high level of performance.
• Reinforce consistent standards and procedures for service writing, and creating service tickets.
• Reinforce consistent standards and procedures for closing service tickets and delivering completed service jobs to customers.
• Reinforce clear time and quality standards for the completion of uniform service tasks such as overhauls and tune ups.
• Make use of established systems to measure staff performance against company standards.
• Reinforce standards for the maintenance and appearance of the physical environment of all service departments and individual work stations
• Evaluate the production capacity of the store service department in terms of both service work and bike building potential.
• Evaluate opportunities to expand productivity, quality of service, and overall sales.
Development and training of service staff
The Store Service Manager is expected to be directly involved in selecting, interviewing, and hiring all service department staff members, in cooperation with the Store Manager. The Store Service Managers first priority is reinforcing and communicating the necessary skills, proficiencies, and standards to individual members of the service staff. These responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Evaluate the skill level of individual staff members and allocate responsibilities accordingly.
• Identify the potential for individual achievement and provide incentives for the realization of that potential.
• Support the development of programs for measuring the performance and productivity of service staff personnel; work to meet established goals.
• Attend staff clinics, demonstrations, and educational summits on a regular basis; encourage the active participation of all service staff members.
• Provide performance evaluations and reviews for individual store service staff members.
• Provide new product information and technical updates to all service department members.
• Facilitate the development of a strong sales culture within the stores service department.
3-5 years bicycle service experience
Service department management a plus
The Bike Gallery has the following benefits: medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k plan, supplemental insurance and flex spending accounts.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to BGResumes@bikegallery.com
Please do NOT call the store to inquire