Posted by Jonathan Maus ( Publisher/Editor ) on May 22nd, 2014 at 3:00 pm
Mechanic – Sales associate
Renovo (renovobikes.com) is accepting applications for part time and full time positions. We are a manufacturer (you know, we actually make our bikes scratch) of bicycles here in Portland, and ship them worldwide. We are looking for people with the level of detail consciousness that reflects the quality of our frames. We build our bikes to order with Di2, Alfine, Rohloff, Campy and all other high-end drivetrains and components. We do not repair or work on any brand but our own.
*************This is not a simple wrenching job.***********
There is as much ordering components and working with customers as there is bike assembly. As a growing company, there are opportunities for personal growth in many areas, we prefer to promote from within.
• Prepping and building bikes
• Packing and shipping bikes
• Ordering components
• Maintaining stock levels
• Working with customers to determine optimum component selections
• Some customer fitting
• Maintaining the build schedule
• Preparing customer quotes
• Occasionally working in sales
• Maintaining the service area at a professional level
You will need:
• A minimum of two years in direct customer service positions and two years as a bike mechanic.
• Computer skills; MS Word, Excel
• An outgoing, confident and personable demeanor
• Great communication skills, written and verbal
• Very detail oriented
• Very organized
• A sense of humor
• Minimum of two years of college
• Willingness to travel and participate in trade shows
No weekends! Ok, maybe a few…but not regularly scheduled. We offer very competitive wages, a generous employee discount and a free Renovo frame after one year.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter explaining why you’re a great fit, a resume and salary history in Word or PDF to: email@example.com
We’re an equal opportunity employer.
• Please, no phone calls, no visits.
• Only successful applicants will be contacted.
• Principals only, no recruiters or agencies.