Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on March 14th, 2013 at 12:59 pm
Community Cycling Center
The Bicycle Mechanic is responsible for supporting the mission of the Community Cycling Center. This includes assessing, refurbishing and repairing bicycles as well as working with our community in our fundraising and education work. Under the supervision of the shop management team, the Bicycle Mechanic will work to consistently and efficiently deliver on the demands presented by our customers and programming efforts. This position will require technical proficiency in bicycle assessment and repair procedures, attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and to act as an ambassador for the Community Cycling Center.
The Community Cycling Center promotes an inclusive culture and encourages people with diverse backgrounds and abilities to apply.
Essential Job Functions/Major Responsibilities:
• Assess and repair bicycles and parts in order to perform customer repairs and to rebuild bicycles for retail and programs
• Educate customers about the operation and maintenance of bicycles, including the purchase of bikes, parts and accessories
• Assist customers in a retail setting, answer shop phone, write service tickets, and maintain stock
• Cooperatively maintain a safe, clean, and organized work space to meet the goals set forth by the shop management team
• Be a public representative of the Community Cycling Center and its mission
• We believe that fundraising is everyone's job. There is an expectation that all employees will support fundraising activities.
• 5 years experience working in a high volume bike shop
• Ideal candidate would have knowledge and experience with bicycle fitting
• Consistent attention to detail and a methodical approach to repair process
• Ability to meet production and service goals as outlined by shop management
• Willingness to accept guidance and feedback related to job duties
• Ability to physically complete job duties including lifting up to 50lbs
• Effective communication both written and verbal
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Commitment to and respect for equity, sustainability and diversity
• Spanish proficiency strongly desired
• Belief in our non-profit business model
PAY RATE & BENEFITS:
Hours: Full Time (32-40 hrs/wk)
Pay: $12.39-13.55/hour depending on experience
Schedule: Flexible – 5 days a week with at least one weekend day
Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance after 30 days, Paid Time Off, Used Parts Allowance, flexible scheduling, working for a dynamic nonprofit in an exciting time in its organizational history
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume, and (3) references. Mechanical tryouts and interviews will be scheduled as applications are received.
SUBMIT TO: Hiring Committee
RE: Bicycle Mechanic (please put this in the Subject Line of your email)