Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on January 25th, 2013 at 8:20 am
Sales Development Specialist - Bike Parking
Sportworks Northwest, Inc.
Summary Job Function:
The Sales Development Specialist (SDS) is a hybrid role combining elements of sales, business development, account management, customer service and research into a single position. Successful candidates will be highly motivated, self-directed, eager to learn, willing to write the playbook as we go, and comfortable with some ambiguity while determining what it takes to successfully launch a new line-of-business.
The SDS reports to and works closely with the VP of Sales & Marketing. The position also requires successful cross-functional interaction with many groups for sales execution including: the Director of Bike Parking, Customer Service, Product Management, Engineering, Procurement, Operations & Accounting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Cold call sales prospects and follow up on leads from different sources. Determine how to utilize various lead generation services (i.e. www.reedconnect.com, www.caddetails.com, www.governmentbids.com, etc.) to successfully generate bike parking sales.
• Respond promptly to inbound sales and product inquiries generated by phone, website traffic, postcard mailings, lead generation services, etc.
• Proactively generate sales leads consistent with bike parking marketing plans, annual goals and objectives. Prepare detailed sales proposals, quotes and bids as needed.
• Attend trade shows and other industry events (individually or part of a team) to represent Sportworks, generate leads, and to reinforce/enhance the company’s reputation. Some domestic travel required.
• Build and manage a pipeline of sales opportunities needed to achieve monthly/annual revenue objectives.
• Assist customers with product information, quotes, order entry, order status, billing inquiries, returns, warranty issues, and other general support needs.
• Co-develop sales methods, processes and procedures to cross-train customer service team to provide pre-sale and post-sale support for bike parking products.
• Qualify, enter, and track customer requests for engineering resources needed to support sales efforts.
• Provide valuable “voice of the customer” product and customer feedback needed to support ongoing product development efforts.
• Perform ongoing research with a focus on identifying contacts, sales leads, and project bidding status via construction databases, web-based articles, etc.
• Prepare and present quarterly reports to upper management on the status, plans, challenges, next steps, and key growth opportunities within the bike parking business.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Requires minimum five (5) years of inside/outside proactive sales experience, account management and customer service
• Proven track record in sales, negotiation, and new business development
• Experience with products specified by architects, landscape architects, builders/developers, colleges, universities, and municipalities preferred
• Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience
• Excellent organizational, communication, telephone and interpersonal skills
• Professional verbal and written communication style
• Self-starter comfortable with some ambiguity and figuring things out as you go
Exceptional work habits with the ability to work independently and successfully in a team environment
• Public Sector bid (RFP/RFQ) experience preferred
• High energy team player with a “can do” attitude and bias towards action
• Proficient using standard business software including ERP, CRM, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, pivot tables, and some Adobe Photoshop
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines
• A passion for the outdoors and/or bicycling is preferred
• Salary (DOE) plus discretionary bonus program
• Medical/dental/vision insurance
• Simple IRA retirement plan w/ company match
• Alternative transportation program including ORCA cards and van-pools
• ProDeal program (discounts on select recreational/outdoor products and clothing)
Sportworks is an industry leading manufacturer of transportation and bicycle infrastructure equipment. Our patented bike-racks-for-buses are used worldwide, and enjoy broad acceptance and market share. We have recently entered a new market focused on the architectural, commercial building, municipality, and college/university campus needs for bicycle parking solutions.
Sportworks is a well-established manufacturer of both proprietary and contract manufactured products with a strong affiliation towards outdoor recreational products. We offer a casual work environment, a culture that appeals to those with a “work hard play hard” attitude, and a healthy work/life balance. For more information visit us at: www.sportworks.com/about_us/jobs/
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com and place “2013 SDS – Bike Parking” in the Subject Line.
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org and place "2013 SDS - Bike Parking" in the Subject Line.