Posted by Jonathan Maus ( Publisher/Editor ) on January 7th, 2013 at 8:56 pm
Community Cycling Center
About the Community Cycling Center:
We believe that the bicycle is a tool for empowerment and a vehicle for change. The Community Cycling Center is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization that broadens access to bicycling and its benefits through our hands-on programs, volunteer projects, and neighborhood shop. The Community Cycling Center is an energetic workplace with a collaborative style. Visit www.CommunityCyclingCenter.org for more information about us.
The Community Cycling Center promotes an inclusive culture and encourages people with diverse backgrounds and abilities to apply.
Essential Job Function:
The Program Support Specialist is a half-time position that supports direct service programs of the Community Cycling Center. The Program Support Specialist will oversee online registration, including technical support, customer service, and marketing updates that will maximize registration for programs. This role will also include general program support, program instruction and training support. An ideal candidate will have strong computer skills, a creative and effective approach to customer service, is detail-oriented, pro-active, and has a passion for experiential education.
• Registration Coordination lead for programs requiring online registration
o Online registration system tech support for both staff and registrants
o Customer Service for registering individuals and agencies; heavy phone utilization at times
o Management of waitlists to maximize participation in programs
o Collaboration with communications team to utilize social media for recruitment
• Program Support
o Planning, implementation, and reporting support
o Distribute and collect follow up surveys to partner agencies
o Enter data for grant and organizational reporting
o Instructor support – on-the-road, training, parent contact, etc.
o Support off-site programs as necessary (including camps and rides)
• Participate in team meetings
• Complete other administrative duties as needed
• We believe that fundraising is everyone’s job. There is an expectation that all employees will support fundraising activities.
• Previous experience supporting community-based or experiential education programs
• Previous experience working with low-income and diverse individuals
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs, basic HTML, and online software
• Excellent research skills
• Effective communication with key program stakeholders, co-workers and school district staff, campers, parents, and volunteers
• Ability to work a flexible schedule. This position has varying hours throughout the year depending upon program need
• Criminal background check required
• Driver’s License required
• Spanish proficiency strongly desired
• Substitute support and instruction preferred.
Schedule, Hours and Status: Part Time (average of 20 hours week), permanent, nonexempt position. Schedule to be determined.
Pay scale: $12.50 hourly
Benefits: Benefits after 30 days, generous PTO, annual Used Parts Allowance, flexible scheduling.
Reports to: Program Manager
How to Apply
How to apply: Please send your cover letter, resume, and two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled. No phone calls please.