Page Two
Welcome to Page Two; where we post tidbits that aren't quite ready for the Front Page. Want more? Browse the Page Two archives.

Ownership, management changes at Showers Pass

Posted by on September 18th, 2012 at 2:51 pm

This just in from locally based Showers Pass clothing:

Ownership, Management Changes at Showers Pass, Portland-Based Outerwear Company

PORTLAND, Ore., September 18, 2012 — Showers Pass Co-President Ed Dalton has sold his interest in the Portland-based cycling apparel maker to business partner and Co-President Kyle Ranson, the company announced today.

“I am proud to say that Showers Pass has developed into a leader in the bicycling outerwear business and is recognized as a high-performance, high-quality brand,” said Dalton, of watching the company grow from a start-up to representation in top independent bike shops and national specialty retailers.

Showers Pass is poised for continued growth, said Ranson: “The team and I are very excited about the future. We’re launching some great new products at the Interbike show this month.”

Dalton will move on to pursue other entrepreneurial interests. Ranson will assume the role of President/CEO of Showers Pass effective immediately.

Comments
  • Jamin AAsum September 19, 2012 at 10:05 am

A shout out to Ed Dalton for his heroic development of Showers Pass and their amazing products. I watched Ed search world wide for the perfect material and then spend literally years fine tuning the fit of his famous jackets. The result is a company and product that is flat out the best. Ed has also been a tireless supporter of cycling in Portland. Thanks Ed!

• Spiffy September 20, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I’m less than thrilled with the fit of my jacket… I’m 6′ and 155 lbs and swimming around in their medium jacket…

but it was a gift and I didn’t get a chance to pre-fit… *shrug*

• Caleigh October 1, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Congrats to the remaining team at ShowrsPass. All of you are stellar and I know will continue to design and make great jackets!

• laura September 19, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Maybe now they can figure out a way to make their stuff in the USA. If companies like Boathouse Sports and JLRacing can do it, so can Showers Pass.

• Spiffy September 20, 2012 at 3:17 pm

and maybe even actually waterproof…

• Skip Rice September 25, 2012 at 10:37 am

I think Showers Pass is more likely to intensify it’s offshore manufacturing of it’s goods under the new management and ownership.

But, aside from that, I wonder just how the brand is going to survive, when it’s heart and soul, and the source of it’s passionate pursuit of perfection and the root of it’s creativity is GONE. I am sure that Showers Pass will miss Mr. Dalton greatly, and I wish them luck in trying to replicate that drive.

• Jamin AAsum September 25, 2012 at 11:40 am

It is hard to believe anyone can complain about a Showers Pass jacket – they are simply the best product I have ever put on. The comments about off shore are uninformed. I watched Ed put together proto types and have Portland cyclists test them. It is as local as you will ever get. Just because a company uses fabric from out of the country it does not mean they are not local. I would love to see Laura’s closet, house and car, and see how many non local items we could find.

• Skip Rice September 25, 2012 at 12:12 pm

I agree with the comment about Ed, and the product historically being locally focused. However, remember, that Ed will no longer be part of the picture at Showers Pass. I know for a fact that virtually 100 percent of their manufacturing and sewing is done offshore. They are a design and marketing firm, not a manufacturer.

And, I definitely am not criticizing them, as I have bought a number of showers pass articles myself in the past. But, the jury is out to see what they do without Ed’s creative presence & supervision. Will they bejust another brand angling for growth and future acquisition?Or, will they remain true to their Portland focus and try to manufacture the best garment that is possible?