Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on April 5th, 2012 at 2:48 pm
Remember that pesky streetcar utility pole placed in the bike path on the Broadway Bridge? The project to move it will start next week and Portland Streetcar will close parts of the bridge during the work. See more info below:
Portland Streetcar Construction Advisory
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT A POLE ON THE BROADWAY BRIDGE WILL BE SHIFTED. THIS WORK WILL INVOLVE THE FOLLOWING CLOSURES TO TRAVEL LANES AND SIDEWALKS:
· THURSDAY, APRIL 12, 2012, NIGHT WORK FROM 9:00PM TO 7:00AM
o THE NORTH SIDEWALK ON THE BROADWAY BRIDGE WILL BE CLOSED TO ALL USERS.
o THE RIGHT HAND WESTBOUND TRAVEL LANE ON THE BRIDGE WILL BE CLOSED.
o INTERSTATE AVE WILL BE CLOSED TO SOUTHBOUND TRAFFIC FROM N TILLAMOOK TO N LARRABEE.
o ALL STREETS AND THE SIDEWALK WILL REOPEN BY 7:00AM ON FRIDAY, APRIL 13.
· MONDAY, APRIL 16 – FRIDAY, APRIL 20, 2012, DAY WORK
o THE NORTH SIDEWALK WILL BE CLOSED 24 HOURS A DAY TO ALL USERS.
o A DETOUR TO THE SOUTH SIDEWALK WILL BE IN PLACE. PLEASE USE CAUTION IN WORK ZONES.
THIS WORK IS WEATHER DEPENDENT. (Construction subject to change).
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!
For further information, please contact:
Julie Gustafson at 242-0084 or email@example.com
Visit our web site for construction updates:
Possibly related posts
- With pole moved, bike traffic breathes easier on Broadway Bridge
- The Oregonian's commute columnist weighs in on Broadway Bridge pole issue
- Broadway Bridge reopens to bikes on Saturday
- Streetcar project puts pole on Broadway Bridge path - UPDATED
- Guest Article: Getting creative to move a pole on the Broadway Bridge