Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on February 2nd, 2009 at 4:05 pm
Our very own Elly Blue will be part of a panel discussion at the Sustainable Transportation Solutions Summit happening this Thursday at Reed College.
Here’s the description/blurb on the panel from Reed:
With global warming and gas prices grabbing headlines, we need to rethink how we get around, and Oregonians are leading the way forward. Experts on bicycling, public transit, carsharing, and much more will discuss recent turns in our transportation system and share insight on possible routes to a sustainable future.
The panel will feature:
- Elly Blue ’05 Managing Editor, Bikeportland.org; Coordinator, 2008 Towards Carfree Cities Conference
- Roger Geller Bicycle Coordinator, Portland Bureau of Transportation
- Kaleb Miller Marketing Manager, Portland Zipcar
- Bob Stacey ’72 Executive Director, 1000 Friends of Oregon;
- Former TriMet Executive Director of Policy and Planning
Here are the details:
Sustainable Transportation Solutions Summit
Thursday, Feb. 5, 6:30 pm
Reed College Biology Auditorium (Bio 19)
*An event of the National Teach-In on Global Warming Solutions, hosted by Reed College Greenboard. Presentations, 6:30 pm; panel discussion, 7:30 pm.