Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on August 11th, 2008 at 3:47 pm
Just a reminder that this Friday the 15th is going to be our 3rd Kidical Mass ride so please invite all your friends and family to come out and join us for the ride!
There are now 4 confirmed rides and a 5th tentative ride, details below.
Also, the 'original' ride (that's what I call the downtown ride now that we have more than one going on!) is going to be super fun with root beer floats made from ice cream donated by Ben & Jerry's (Pearl store) and the Portland Platinum Fuel Pump that dispenses root beer on loan to us from Portland Department of Transportation, Transportation Options. (thanks PDOT folks!)
Another fun addition is that we're giving out silly glasses to riders (while supplies last!) in conjunction with our Eye to Eye safety campaign so make sure you get there early to get your glasses!
And finally, for those of you who are interested, bring a pot luck dish to join in the pot luck dinner that will follow all rides. The rides will start and finish at the same location, so feel free to meet us at the end just for the pot luck if you can't make the ride. It's a great way to connect with other bikey families and friends!
For all rides meet at 6pm, we'll do bike decorating (bring decorations for the decorating pot luck!) and a safety talk until 6:30 (that allows us time for you to be late...), and then we'll ride. The BTA is sending a ride leader and volunteers to each ride location to lead the safety talk and answer any questions you may have.
- meet at the North Park Blocks playground at NW 8th and Couch
- ride ends at the park around 7:15 for pot luck and root beer floats! (thanks Ben & Jerry's!)
- meet at Peninsula Park (NE corner of the park at N Rosa Parks and N Kerby)
- ride ends at the park around 7pm for pot luck
- meet Sunnyside School playground
- ride ends around 7pm for pot luck
- meet somewhere in Multnomah Village (to be announced tomorrow)
- ride ends at Gabriel Park
NEW as of yesterday!
- meet at Sellwood Park (more info to be announced tomorrow)
See you Friday!Email This Post Possibly related posts