Posted by on July 29th, 2008 at 10:20 am

The BTA’s Angela Koch showed up at the Mountain Bike Short Track races at Portland International Raceway last night wearing these beauties…

Scenes from Short Track at PIR-88.jpg

More photos from last night here.

Comments
  • Matt M July 29, 2008 at 10:24 am

Nice one Johnathan! Very cool. I wish I could have seen these close up to see how they mounted the cleats.

• alli July 29, 2008 at 10:59 am

Brilliant! How did she mount those? I\’ve been dying to modify a pair of my clogs for my ATACs. I heard, a long time ago, that they sold clogs in Europe already SPD-ready. Never could find any.

• Austin Ramsland July 29, 2008 at 11:04 am

That is so rad. Talk about racing in style. . .

• Brian July 29, 2008 at 11:29 am

Do you think she can mod my oxfords? I\’m tired of schlepping two pairs of shoes to and from work every day…

• Angela July 29, 2008 at 12:07 pm

I\’m sure my hubby is more than happy to do a \’how to mount spd\’s clinic\’ for anyone interested! Seriously…email and I\’ll give you his number.

Next to go the way of the race circuit: the ole\’ silver and hot pink Doc Martin boots that are getting dusty in the back of the closet!

BTW – thanks so much to PIR folks, Kris Schamp and the like for making that series so much fun. I\’ve never raced and now I\’m hooked!

• Carl July 29, 2008 at 12:12 pm

Three cheers for Angela. Thanks to that sadistic \”double Le Mans\” start, she had to run quite a ways in those things carrying a bike! …and then she didn\’t even get to race because by the time her relay lap came around, it was all over. What a trooper!

• Opus the Poet July 29, 2008 at 5:44 pm

Kewl boots. I wonder if I could modify my Israeli combat boots for SPDs…

Opus

• karrla July 30, 2008 at 9:12 am

Create your own Clipless Boots directions

• michelle October 26, 2011 at 12:44 pm

I am looking for cleats for my cowboy boots. Any idea where I may order them form? Thank you.
    Michelle