Advisory Committee will host mountain bike roundtable

Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on May 2nd, 2007 at 2:46 pm

The City of Portland's Bicycle Advisory Committee, which advises City Council on all bike-related matters, will host a discussion mountain biking in Portland, with members of the Board of the Portland United Mountain Pedalers.

Here's an excerpt from the agenda:

Portland Bike Summit
PUMP's Roger Louton
File photo: 6/17/06

"Mountain bicycling is fast growing as a popular recreational activity. It is also gaining a more prominent role in national bicycle politics. The update of the Bicycle Master Plan will incorporate in its report the state of existing conditions for mountain bicycling in Portland as well as PUMP’s desired conditions for single-track trails in Portland."

The Bicycle Advisory Committee meets Tuesday, May 8th at 7:00pm in City Hall (Lovejoy Room).

Possibly related posts

Comments
  • TomasCoSauce May 2, 2007 at 7:29 pm

Oh, you better believe I'll be there! If you've ever taken a liking to single-track, you would do he same.

• TomasCoSauce May 2, 2007 at 8:33 pm

Derr...I got a little too excited. I'm not a board member, I won't be there.

• Jonathan Maus/BikePortland May 2, 2007 at 9:00 pm

Tomas,
    the meetings are open to the public. come on down. eat a cookie, drink some coffee, speak your mind.

• SKiDmark May 2, 2007 at 10:46 pm

I am fairly new to mountain biking in Portland and I would like to see some (legal) SINGLETRACK within city limits. If anyone knows of any please let me know.

• Dabby May 3, 2007 at 12:00 am

Skid,

Me Know.
    Me heal.
    Me take U.
    Ugh.

• Tomas Quinones May 4, 2007 at 12:16 pm

Cookies? Oh, in that case, I will DEFINITELY be there! Thanks, Mr. Maus.