Training Program Coordinator
Company / Organization
Oregon Department of Transportation
Operations & Policy Analyst 2 – Training Program Coordinator
Oregon Department of Transportation
Public Transportation Division
Policy and Strategic Investment Unit
We are looking for someone who is organized and focused on success to join our team in the Public Transit Section. In this role you will be responsible for coordinating a training program for staff and our partners, as well as administering the Public Transportation Advisory Committee. You will have opportunities to work with a broad range of people from staff to the public to legislators and agency administrators. Apply today to work in this pivotal role!
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions and hope you will join us on our path to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are an agency that embraces social equity through our values, strategic planning, and actions. Leaning into our equity priorities means we continually examine what we do, the impact we have, and our progress toward weaving social equity into who we are. To learn more about our social equity commitments, visit our Social Equity website.
A day in the life:
• Design and implement an annual training plan to support the needs of the Public Transportation Division programs.
• Conduct training needs assessments to identify skill or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed. Design and develop training programs to meet the needs.
• Assess training program effectiveness and determine the impact of training on knowledge gap. Collect and analyze feedback and use to implement improvements to the program.
• Market trainings to partners, providing communications through external channels.
• Stay up to date on new training methods and techniques.
• Coordinate advisory committee work including developing workplans, calendars, databases, and other documentation for the Public Transportation Advisory Committee (PTAC).
• Serve as primary point of contact of all official PTAC communications. Ensure compliance with public records and meeting laws.
• Provide administrative support, invitations, agenda development, note taking, and action item coordination for all PTAC meetings.
• Work is performed in a standard or virtual office environment. Some travel is required. Work may include conflicting requirements and tight deadlines. Some overtime may be required to manage deadlines.
• Must be able to drive or be able to provide efficient and effective means of transportation as needed to perform job duties.
What we need:
• Any combination of experience and education equivalent to five years of experience that typically supports the knowledge and skills for the classification
• A bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, behavioral or social sciences, finance, political science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; AND two years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work.
Learn more and apply!
• This recruitment will close March 30th, 2023.
• Click here to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
• For questions about the job announcement or online application, call 503-586-6863 or email ODOTRecruitmentNH@odot.oregon.gov.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit: https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Salem–ODOT–Mill-Creek-Building/Training-Program-Coordinator_REQ-122685