Company / Organization
Ride with GPS
Ride with GPS is in search of a full-time Customer Advocate to support our mission of helping people create great cycling experiences and go on better rides, more often.
The Customer Advocate is responsible for helping our users make the most of our software through handling all support requests. Additionally, they are a crucial part of the product development team, tasked with testing new products and offering feedback from a user perspective.
– Provide confident, empathetic, professional and accurate support to a worldwide customer base
– Respond to emailed questions and requests through using the Zendesk ticket system
– Resolve user-reported issues and communicate resolution back to system user
– Escalate system issues to project team when necessary for resolution
– Manage billing and deactivation of user accounts
– Provide input on current support processes and suggest improvements
– Test new products before release to help identify any issues and provide meaningful feedback to the product development team about software issues and make recommendations for improvement based on user concerns
– Flexibility once established to work a potential weekend day.
The right candidate has a background in customer service and possesses strong self-organization skills, experience with office productivity software and strong technical writing skills, and excels at self-learning. They also embrace an innate desire to help others, have a high degree of patience, and empathy with a wide variety of customers.
– A passion for riding bikes: Our business is about bikes and we have found the best support comes from actual cyclists
– Customer Service: 1-3 years customer support experience, with software applications or bicycles preferred. Patience and empathy for working with users at varying levels of technological knowhow.
– Computer Skills: Strong computer and smartphone-operating skills and an aptitude for learning to use new technologies.
– Communication: Superb written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
– Independence: Ability to work confidently with limited supervision with the awareness to request support and feedback when appropriate.
– Emotional Intelligence: Empathetic and constructive when providing feedback, and confident when receiving critique.
– Personal experience with Ride with GPS for route creation, navigation, and recording rides
– Experience using Zendesk to manage customer service tickets
– Experience producing technical writing, such as help documentation
– Interested in and knowledgeable about modern bicycle technologies, such as: Garmin, Wahoo, Bryton, Zwift, etc
Don’t mark all the checkboxes, but still think you’re right for the job? Please still get in touch and tell us why you think you would be a great fit for this position. We realize that skills and abilities come from diverse experiences.
Ride with GPS is on a mission to create great cycling experiences and help people go on better rides, more often. Our website is used to plan bike routes and events, manage bike clubs, analyze ride data, and publish great rides. Our companion app is a bike computer, route navigator, and ride recorder. Within the cycling world, we serve weekend riders, clubs, event organizers, tour operators, and racers. We are committed to not running any ads on the site or in the app, and are able to maintain a singular focus on serving cyclists.
Our business is bootstrapped, profitable, and growing.
We are cyclists. We are explorers. We are artists. We are writers. We are parents. We are friends. We are a group of people with diverse interests who lead healthy, balanced lives and are all very passionate about what we do. By joining Ride with GPS, you will become a part of a team that helps millions of people have a great time on their bike.
We offer a competitive salary as well as health, dental and vision insurance, and a 401k with a 10% match. We strongly believe in testing our own software, and as a result are more than happy to help defray some of the costs of cycling; including offering a new bicycle stipend as well as an annual bike supply budget.
In light of the global pandemic, Ride with GPS is working remotely and offers a generous stipend for setting up a home office. Moving forward, employees will be able to work from home indefinitely and we also offer an option to work in a shared office environment.
How to Apply
We are based in Portland, OR and encourage residents across Oregon and Washington to apply by emailing Careers@ridewithgps.com with your resume and an overview of any work relevant to the position. Please include at least a paragraph explaining your relationship with cycling, and a cover letter with your pronouns. We'll respond in a timely manner and move things forward for promising candidates.
Ride with GPS is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all members of our staff. We believe having a diverse team makes our product and our company better, and we are working to ensure our reality reflects those ideals. We invite applicants of any race, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or limitation, religion, or background to apply and look forward to hearing from you.