Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on January 16th, 2021 at 11:49 am
Bike Mechanic / Sales Associate
Company / Organization
Bike Clark County
Bike Clark County is a non-profit organization that creates opportunities for empowerment, education, and social change through bicycles and bicycle repair. As a nonprofit, we run a full-service bike shop and repair bicycles donated from the community, and redistribute them through our charitable programs and affordable bike sales. As a community-focused bike shop, we teach the community how to repair their own bicycles in our shared-use shop space (pre-covid). Our charitable programs seek to make bicycles, and bicycle repair/safety education available to the entire community regardless of income.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Contribute to a fun, friendly, and welcoming environment for customers and coworkers.
• Maintain a clean work environment for customers as well as other mechanics
• Intake, assess, repair, and check over new bicycles.
• Refurbish used bikes in a timely manner so that they can then be purchased
• Educate customers on how to properly maintain their bikes
Qualifications needed to do the job successfully
• Excellent mechanical skills (preferable two years hands-on, professional shop experience working with a variety of bicycles)
• The ability to work with a wide variety of clientele
• Excellent people skills that will enable you to work with a wide variety of clientele including
those new to bicycling.
• Ability to interact in a friendly manner with all customers regardless of their bicycle
• Outstanding communication skills
• Good organizational skills & Multitasking in an extremely fun, fast-paced environment
$14-18/hour DOE. Flexible hours 30-40/week.
Bike Clark County does not exclude or deny access to our shop, its programs, activities, and events to any person on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, veteran or legal status, age, gender or gender identity, or disability. We strongly encourage all to apply to open job positions.
How to Apply
Email resume & cover letter to: email@example.com