Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on December 3rd, 2020 at 5:34 pm
Digital Marketing Specialist
Company / Organization
Ride with GPS
Ride with GPS is in search of a Digital Marketing Specialist to take our social media and digital marketing strategies to the next level and support our mission of helping people create great cycling experiences and go on better rides, more often.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will bring expertise to help us achieve our growth goals and expand our community in a consistent, authentic way. This position will play an integral role in our day-to-day marketing efforts by independently creating and managing social media activities, planning digital ad campaigns, and participating in the development of other short and long-term marketing strategies.
– Develop and manage social media strategy: implementing campaigns, identifying goals, tracking results, and reporting on success in achieving objectives
– Own social media-based communication: replying to comments, engaging with complimentary accounts, and responding to direct messages
– Collaborate with the marketing director to help develop, deploy, and manage digital ad campaigns to achieve short and long-term KPIs
– Assist with additional efforts to drive website traffic, including SEO and SEM, as needed
– Work closely with other members of the marketing team to brainstorm ideas and develop short and long-term marketing strategies
– Stay up-to-date on developments and trends in digital marketing technology and to make recommendations for continuous improvements of our strategies
The right candidate has a professional background in social media and digital marketing management, possesses excellent communication and organization skills, and thrives working both independently and as a part of a team.
– Has 1-3 years professional experience in managing social media, or equivalent combination of education or volunteer service
– High level knowledge of social media platforms – especially Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
– Experience reviewing and reporting on social media metrics
– Has 1-3 years professional experience implementing and managing day-to-day optimizations of social ad campaigns
– Demonstrated proficiency with Google Ads (paid search and display), Google Analytics, PPC, keyword analysis, and bid optimization
– Open, clear and approachable written and verbal communication style with proven success with collaborating between multiple internal and external parties
– Empathetic and constructive when providing feedback, confident when receiving critique
– Organized and experienced with managing personal workloads with minimal oversight
– Experience working within and/or a passion for the bicycle and/or tech industry
– Experience with HTML, basic website building, coding, etc.
– Basic graphic design abilities and/or experience working closely with designers
– Experience with SEO in relation to web design, paid search, social media, etc
Don’t mark all the checkboxes, but still think you’re right for the job? Please still get in touch and tell us why you think you would be a great fit for this position. We realize that skills and abilities come from diverse experiences.
Ride with GPS is on a mission to create great cycling experiences and help people go on better rides, more often.
Our website is used to plan bike routes and events, manage bike clubs, analyze ride data, and publish great rides. Our companion app is a bike computer, route navigator, and ride recorder. Within the cycling world, we serve weekend riders, clubs, event organizers, tour operators, and racers. We are committed to not running any ads on the site or in the app, and are able to maintain a singular focus on serving cyclists.
Our business is bootstrapped, profitable, and growing.
We are cyclists. We are explorers. We are artists. We are writers. We are parents. We are friends. We are a group of people with diverse interests who lead healthy, balanced lives and are all very passionate about what we do. By joining Ride with GPS, you will become a part of a team that helps millions of people have a great time on their bike.
We offer a competitive salary as well as health, dental and vision insurance, and a 401k with a 10% match. You’ll be equipped with a new Macbook Pro, iMac, or Linux machine, a standing desk and any other productivity tools that are needed. We strongly believe in testing our own software, and as a result are more than happy to help defray some of the costs of cycling, including offering a one-time new bicycle stipend.
In light of the global pandemic, Ride with GPS is working remotely and offers a stipend for setting up a home office. Moving forward, employees will be able to work from home indefinitely, and we are also monitoring health guidelines and hope to offer an option to work in a shared office environment when it is safe to do so.
How to Apply
We are based in Portland, OR and encourage residents across Oregon and Washington to apply.
Submit your application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a cover letter that details your relevant work experience and explains your relationship to cycling, and a portfolio of work samples that illustrate your experience with social media and digital marketing content creation. We'll respond in a timely manner and move things forward for promising candidates.
Ride with GPS is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all members of our staff. We believe having a diverse team makes our product and our company better, and we are working to ensure our reality reflects those ideals. We invite applicants of any race, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or limitation, religion, or background to apply and look forward to hearing from you.