Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on March 11th, 2020 at 4:52 pm
Mechanic/Brand Ambassador Rider
Company / Organization
Portland Pedal Power by Waiter.com
Portland Pedal Power works with businesses across Portland to deliver and cater the tastiest food made at local Portland restaurants and food carts. We pick up and deliver by bicycle and electric vehicle. Our unique model combines sustainable delivery with unmatched customer and food service.
The PPP Mechanic/Brand Ambassador Rider maintains and manages the PPP bicycle fleet consisting of 15 cargo bikes with custom built enclosures. Five of the bikes are also equipped with trailers and e-Assist, while 3 additional bikes are eBikes. In addition to maintaining the bike fleet, the person in this role will deliver food to customers as needed.
Availability: This is a part-time position (approximately 15-20 hours/week) primarily between 8:00 am-4:00pm weekdays with some weekend coverage needed. Employee must be available on regular pre-determined days and times. Our morning shift is between 6:30 am-9:30am and our lunch shift is between 10:30am-2:00pm. We also have a few afternoon/evening shifts available.
Duties – As a PPP Brand Ambassador/Rider, you will:
* Maintain fleet of cargo bikes with scheduled cleaning/safety checks and repairs
* Maintain bike part inventory
* Pick up and deliver prepared meals from restaurants to corporate offices via a Portland Pedal Power fleet bicycle or a vehicle
* Professionally cater meals at corporate offices
* Handle delivery related receipt and money transactions.
* Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Required Qualifications – We want you to bring these skills:
* Minimum two years shop experience maintaining bicycles.
* Bike mechanic certification
* Bike mechanic skills with specific experience in cargo bikes.
* Shop management skills
* Ordering and inventory control
* Ability to perform service in a timely fashion
* Ability to diagnose and estimate cost of repairs
* Strong bicycle rider with experience operating in urban setting, focused on safety
* Friendly and outgoing personality
* Computer and communication device usage and proficiency
* Lift up to 60 pounds
* Background check required
* Food service and/or catering experience
* OLCC permit
* Cargo bike experience
Needed Tools: Smart phone with data, email and text capabilities
We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientation or gender identities, marital status, and religions. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
This is a position in Portland, Oregon. Pay is hourly + tips, which equates to a $19.00-$24.00 hourly compensation.