Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on October 31st, 2017 at 12:17 pm
Job Title *
Outdoor / Lifestyle / Bike PR Agency Seeks Intern
Job Description *
ECHOS – echoscomm.com – is a brand communications agency focusing on outdoor, lifestyle, fashion and consumer tech clients. We offer our world-class brand-communications, PR, marketing, and advertising services, whether as digital, video, print, events, or guerrilla. From media relations to corporate-communications strategies to flawless event execution, we are known for always exceeding our clients’ expectations and over delivering on their objectives.
The internship position is a significant team role to fill at ECHOS, with the opportunity to build a strong foundation of PR and first-hand experience within an agency. Must be able to come in 2-3 times a week (10-15 Hours).
Internship Role Overview:
• Support PR team with media research, list building, media coverage report research and
development, copywriting and editing, scheduling, etc,
• Develop press releases, press kit materials, blog posts, fact sheets, etc.
• Assist in coordinating and implementing events, interviews and meetings
• Support all media relations initiatives including developing creative story angles
• Make pitches and informational media calls
• Maintain files and reports
• Track media coverage and develop monthly client reports
• Format and post blogs using WordPress
• Maintain and produce support materials such as photos, press kits, and other collateral
• Experience in an office environment, preferably in a PR/media relations-specific role
• Understanding of public relations, and the roles and responsibilities of a PR professional
• Flexibility to work in a fast-growing, dynamic environment
• Professionally driven to build relationships on clients’ behalf
• Ability to think creatively and strategically about individual pitches and campaigns
• Sound judgment and proven problem-solving capabilities
• Positive, confident, and personable
• Excellent organization and planning ability
• Sharp eye for detail in all internal and external communications
• Excellent time management; ability to prioritize with flexibility
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as Google
• Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop, InDesign and other design suites preferred
• Experience with WordPress
• Knowledge and interest in tech industry trends and events, in outdoor lifestyle (cycling,
snowsports) and/or consumer products
Compensation commensurate with experience.
How to Apply *
Send resume and cover letter to Jacob@echoscomm.com, and tell us why you’d rock as a member of our team!