Job Title *
Westside Transportation Alliance
Job Description *
The Westside Transportation Alliance (WTA) is a non-profit organization that educates and engages people who work in Washington County on transportation options as alternatives to driving alone to and from work. Transportation is an issue that impacts everyone, and reducing the drive alone rate for commute trips can benefit individuals and businesses by reducing the number of cars on the roads, which relieves congestion, improves air quality, promotes healthy behavior, helps employers recruit and retain high-quality employees, and increases freight capacity.
Employment in Washington County is projected to grow by 50% over the next 20 years, bringing more jobs, more people, and the possibility of more congestion. As such, it is increasingly important to seek creative ways to promote transportation options. The WTA works with employers, local governments, transportation options providers, and other non-profit organizations. We promote all modes of transportation options with solutions tailored to the needs of our member organizations.
The Program Manager is a full-time position and will support the current and expanding programs of WTA. WTA is a small organization that serves a large geographic area and a diverse mix of members and interests. Therefore, it is very important for applicants to have an “all hands on deck” mentality, a willingness to be flexible when developing strategies to accomplish goals, and the ability to meet specific project deadlines.
An ideal candidate will be an effective communicator, creative problem solver, and will possess a customer service mindset. Ideal candidates will be self-starters who have the ability to understand priorities and complete assignments with minimal oversight. Candidates must be comfortable working independently and within a team environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Help to create, deliver, and evaluate promotions and/or programs to engage people in transportation options for their commutes to and from work sites
– Build and maintain strong relationships with member organizations and help develop new members and partners
– Oversee annual series of events for member organization contacts
– Promote and support regional programs such as Bike More Challenge and Drive Less Challenge
– Assist with developing creative marketing materials to support campaigns and programs
– Assist with management of WTA’s website, social media, and e-newsletters
– Represent WTA at events to promote transportation options
– Conduct surveys of WTA members to comply with Oregon Department of Environmental Quality Employee Commute Options rule, and create recommendations and work plans based on survey results
– Represent WTA on local and regional committees and work groups related to program work
– Other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate will have a background that includes:
– A Bachelor’s degree (minimum), in marketing, communications, public administration, non-profit management, business, urban and regional planning, or other relevant degree
– Two years (minimum) of relevant work experience
– Exemplary oral and written communication skills
– Must be self-motivated with ability to work independently and take initiative
– Ability to represent the WTA professionally to member businesses and partners
– Community outreach/event planning experience, ideally in a non-profit setting
– Proficiency with Word, Excel, and social media
– Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects simultaneously
– Experience or interest in non-profit work
– Familiarity with transportation options a plus
– Ability to work with diverse stakeholders in a suburban environment
This is an hourly, non-exempt position at $17-$20 per hour. Other benefits include: TriMet pass, monthly healthcare stipend, retirement contribution, paid holidays, and annual paid time off (PTO) allocation.
How to Apply *
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Jeff Pazdalski, Executive Director, via email (preferred) to email@example.com or via mail to WTA, 12725 SW Millikan Way, Suite 300, Beaverton, OR 97005.
For questions, please contact Jeff Pazdalski, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 906-7961.
Interviews scheduled to begin as early as the week of July 31, 2017 and will continue until position is filled.