Job Title *
Motivate International (operator of BIKETOWN)
Job Description *
Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility. Under contract with the City of Portland and with sponsorship from NIKE, Inc., Motivate International is excited to announce the beginning of its operation of Portland’s bicycle sharing program, launching this summer. The system will include 100 stations and 1,000 bikes. Motivate is the largest operator of bike share systems in North America.
Overview of Position:
The Operations Manager will have overall responsibility for the ongoing bike share operations within BIKETOWN. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, training, and managing key operational staff; overseeing station installations and moves; overall management of key functional groups, including identification of process improvements; and otherwise ensuring all safety and performance standards are met or exceeded. This position reports to the General Manager in Portland.
– Work under the direction of the General Manager to ensure successful operations.
– Oversee training, scheduling, and management of the “Street Team” to conduct bike and station repairs and daily bike redistribution.
– Lead hiring process of short-term launch team and hiring for core operations team.
– Design schedules and procedures to ensure that required customer service, station cleanliness, station maintenance, and rebalancing metrics are met and improved, as needed.
– Ensure that safety-related processes are in place and that all staff follow appropriate safety procedures.
– Work within BIKETOWN processes to manage the maintenance, distribution and cleanliness of the bikes and stations.
– Maintain a working relationship with remote customer service center staff to ensure that systems are functional and customer service needs are handled quickly and efficiently.
– Act as manager for station relocations and deployments.
– Work in partnership with the bike mechanic lead and other operations staff to ensure timely and productive workflows and continuous operational improvement.
– Manage vendor relationships and coordinate purchasing and tracking of BIKETOWN equipment and supplies, in collaboration with General Manager.
– Ensure all vehicles and equipment are maintained to -manufacturer recommendations.
– Ensure operability of all safety gear and technical equipment.
– Assist GM with metrics tracking and reporting.
– Fill gaps in operations team capacity as needed, including execution of duties in the field.
– Assist in occasional public-facing activities.
– Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
– 3 + years of operations/logistics background, including proven experience managing operations teams.
– High proficiency in Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, Google Applications, and the ability to learn new software.
– Valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
– Familiarity with Portland area geography and street layout.
– Ability to understand technical aspects of the software and the hardware capabilities and needs of a bike share system.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
– Organized thinker, with the ability to self-direct under a high pressure environment with changing deadlines.
– Ability to coordinate and maintain strong ongoing relationships among multiple parties, including employees, manufacturers, subcontractor(s) and clients.
– Sense of humor and strong teamwork/collaboration orientation.
– Demonstrated personal and professional commitment to the vision, mission and values of sustainable transportation.
– Ability to report to work at the BIKETOWN operations center in Portland and/or field locations, as needed.
– This position may require frequent or prolonged standing, sitting, bicycling, driving, bending, stooping, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
– This position may require hours which exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week.
– This position may require occasional travel.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
– Previous technical and/or mechanical experience is preferred
How to Apply *
Please apply on the company website. Here is the link to the application: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1272873
Applications will be accepted through April 17, 2016. Please submit your application on or before this date.