Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on September 28th, 2015 at 12:16 pm
Job Title *
Job Description *
JOB OVERVIEW APPAREL BUYER: Works under the supervision of the Director to manage the Men’s and Women’s Apparel merchandise categories. Other categories may be included. Role requires maintaining optimum stock levels, increasing gross margin and inventory turn, and managing vendors. Product selection and Assortment Planning for multiple retail locations as well as large online presence is vital. Emphasis is placed on communication with cross-functional teams to maximize customer service with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task with extreme attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Manage inventory and stock levels and communicate status between vendor and Company on a routine basis.
• Forecast and order replenishment and seasonal stock based on product history and vendor performance to maximize sales, inventory turns and minimize out of stocks
• Meet and maintain department KPI’s
• Shop and analyze the competition to understand trends, pricing opportunities, marketing concepts, and the customers’ perspective.
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history
• Study sales data and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic purchasing plans
• Liaison with Receiving, Accounting, Customer Service, and Marketing for assigned category products and issues.
• Manage New Product Set up across all categories with the assistance of the Purchasing Coordinator
• Maintain a regular and punctual work schedule as agreed upon with Director
• Keep abreast of competitive pricing and market conditions and communicate changes to marketing and retail organizations as appropriate
• Meet and provide progress reports for all projects/deadlines as assigned
• Consistently and aggressively challenge vendors for opportunity buys and better terms, co-op, rebates, discounts and freight rates.
• Follow all rules and guidelines set forth in the Company Employee Handbook
• Assist department in other duties and special projects as needed.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Four+ years Purchasing, Procurement, Buying experience in Apparel is required. Preference given to candidates with road or mountain bike purchasing experience.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and data entry.
• BA/BS degree preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Strong knowledge of road and/or mountain bike products and lifestyle.
• Knowledge of Apparel sizing, allocation, fit and design
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to multi task with changing/conflicting priority levels
• Strong relationship building, communication (both verbal and written), and presentation skills.
• Desire to provide stellar customer service for both internal and external customers
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• The ability to problem-solve and present ideas and solutions
• Keen analytical and decision-making skills and the ability to accomplish objectives.
• Solid command of retail math, including understanding of calculations for OTB, forecasting, gross margin, inventory turn, and ROI.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
The employee will be sitting at a computer for extended periods of time. There will be repetitive motion (filing, typing).
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, pregnancy or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
How to Apply *
To apply for this position please send a cover letter with your resume and salary requirements