Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on May 18th, 2015 at 3:26 pm
Sorry, this job has been filled. Browse more great jobs here.
Job Title *
Job Description *
Function of Position:
Works under the supervision of a higher level buyer to manage lower tier categories. Includes maintaining optimum stock levels, increasing gross margin and inventory turn, and managing vendors. Emphasis is placed on communication with cross-functional teams to maximize customer service with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task with extreme attention to detail. It is expected that this role will groom the high performing employee into a Buyer position as business needs dictate.
Expected Job Duties:
• Manage inventory and stock levels and communicate status between vendor and Sr Buyer on a routine basis.
• Forecast and order replenishment and seasonal stock based on product history and vendor performance to maximize sales and minimize out of stocks
• Meet and maintain department KPI’s
• Shop and analyze the competition to understand trends, pricing opportunities, marketing concepts, and the customers’ perspective.
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
• Study sales data and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic purchasing plans
• Liason with Receiving, Accounting, Customer Service, and Marketing for assigned category products and issues.
• Manage New Product Set up across all categories with the assistance of the Purchasing Coordinator
• Assist department in other duties and special projects as needed.
Two+ years Purchasing, Procurement, Buying experience. Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and data entry. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
BA/BS degree preferred.
• Strong knowledge of road and/or mountain bike products and lifestyle.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to multi task with changing/conflicting priority levels
• Strong relationship building, communication (both verbal and written), and presentation skills.
• Desire to provide stellar customer service for both internal and external customers
• Ability to work with minimal supervision while remaining on task and hitting deadlines
• Work as a member of a cohesive team
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Resourceful with the ability to problem-solve and present ideas and solutions
• Keen analytical and decision-making skills and the ability to accomplish objectives.
• Solid command of retail math, including understanding of calculations for OTB, forecasting, gross margin, inventory turn, and ROI.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, pregnancy or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
How to Apply *
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org