Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on May 14th, 2015 at 3:50 pm
Sorry, this job has been filled. Browse more great jobs here.
Function of Position:
Provides Clerical support to the Purchasing Department. Including expediting purchase orders, updating ETAs, New product set up, obtaining website photos, PO database maintenance, maintaining and updating vendor databases.
Expected Job Duties:
• Data entry into various databases as needed to manage/update open orders
• Engage with buyers to identify and manage crucial open orders
• Identify and resolve shipment or vendor related problems
• Provide continuous monitoring and maintenance of delivery schedules/due dates in system and ensure accurate and timely updates.
• Communicate updates to the Director of Purchasing, Buyers and other departments on delivery statuses
• Escalate critical issues with urgency to appropriate Buyer
• Expedite purchase orders for buyers and maintain tracking and report progress
• Assist buyers with resolving non-conforming materials and other vendor quality and/or delivery issue
• Coordinate with accounts payable with follow up/resolution of invoice discrepancies or missing invoices
• Manage special orders through collaboration with Customer Service, Store Personnel, Receiving and Vendor Partners.
• Foster relationships with Vendor Partners to ensure priority order handling.
• Assist department in other duties and special projects as needed.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Two to Four years administrative experience involving customer service, telephone work and computer skills or equivalent. Preferably in purchasing and/or Finance/Accounting. Proficient in MS Word, Excel and data entry. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
High school diploma.
• Strong knowledge of road and/or mountain bike products and lifestyle.
• Two years as a Purchasing Clerk or similar Purchasing role
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to multi task with changing/conflicting priority levels
• Strong communication skills: written, oral, listening
• Desire to provide stellar customer service for both internal and external customers
• Excellent organization and follow-up skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision while remaining on task and hitting deadlines
• General knowledge of the fundamentals of Purchasing
• Work as a member of a cohesive team
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, pregnancy or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to Jobs@velotech.com