Job: Bicycle Tourism Initiative Project Coordinator – Gresham Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center – FILLED
Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on October 27th, 2014 at 5:31 pm
Sorry, this job has been filled. Browse more great jobs here.
Bicycle Tourism Initiative Project Coordinator
Gresham Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center
The East Multnomah County Bicycle Tourism Initiative engages a diverse coalition of businesses, cities, public agencies, and nonprofit organizations in a collaboration to leverage resources for economic development and job creation by increasing bicycle tourism. The Bicycle Tourism Initiative (BTI) is a regional program administered through the Gresham Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center.
The Bicycle Tourism Initiative Project Coordinator implements program initiatives. The role interfaces with a variety of businesses, coordinating with partners, developing bicycle travel itineraries and experiences, serving as liaison with event/race organizers, and developing content for communications. The Project Coordinator is also responsible for delivering information and presentations at outreach events, participating in partner and coalition events, tabling at community events, and attending meetings throughout the region. The Project Coordinator reports directly to the Chamber CEO and works with other Chamber staff.
• Implements and coordinates prioritized regional bicycle tourism strategies; researches, explores and develops new tourism products and opportunities within the region
• Provides information and support to tourism partners and interested parties; cultivates productive working relationships with tourism partners including community, federal, state, regional, local and niche areas including bicycling and outdoor recreation, arts/culture/heritage, agri-tourism, and natural history;
• Provides support to parties seeking to establish or expand tourism opportunities within the region; serves as a liaison between the Gresham Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center and interested parties on development of tourism assets in the East Multnomah County region
• Engages with partners, businesses and communities to better leverage existing community and tourism assets and increase return on investments, overnight stays, and tourism activity within East Multnomah County; works with communities, lodging partners, tour operators, and others to support growth of existing and potential tourism related opportunities and activities
• Represents and serves as liaison for Gresham Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center on various committees, associations, coalitions and with other Chambers; preserves, promotes and strengthens relationships with entities and partners; participates in collaborative regional events;
• Produces quarterly reports on program activities, including tracking of in-kind contributions
• Develops content for website, blog, electronic newsletters, reports, and other publications
• Responds to public inquiries in person, over the phone, and via email
• Organize and maintain office/administrative systems and procedures
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in marketing, tourism, recreation, or related field and preferably at least three years of related experience, or equivalent experience
• Ability to work with diverse stakeholders, establish and maintain effective and positive relationships with other tourism collaborators
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including facilitating meetings and delivering public presentations
• Knowledge of principles and practices of tourism development, marketing and promotion; project management
• Self-starter able to work independently on multiple assignments and projects simultaneously; manage time effectively
• Ability to use standard software programs including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel within the region and maintain an acceptable driving record
Additional Skills/Experience Desired
• Familiarity with tourism product development and Oregon’s bicycle tourism and recreation programs
• Familiarity with active transportation planning and transportation options programs
• Experience with software for electronic communications and website content management
• A passion for bicycle recreation is a plus
Salary and Benefits
Hourly based on experience for 25 hrs/wk variable (100 hrs/month); monthly transit pass and reimbursed mileage and work-related expenses.
For more information visit www.greshamchamber.org
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.