Posted by Jonathan Maus ( Publisher/Editor ) on July 23rd, 2012 at 9:00 am
Retro / Microbeer Jerseys
We are a young growing bicycle jersey and apparel company with many media endorsements and accolades. Because we are small, the culture of the organization is one where we all wear many hats in support of each other. While this position is designated as a Production Manager, only about 10% of the job requires design work (most projects will arrive with artwork already provided or use existing designs). The majority of your time is spent with hands-on production management. This is a fulltime position. Must be proficient in Adobe CS and have at least a 2 year Degree. This is a detail and quality oriented production position, requiring good multitasking, planning, communication and organizational skills. Primary duties include:
* Develop and maintain positive relationship/communications with outsourced manufacturer(s).
* Manage the product life cycle for new and existing products. * Maintain records of costs in QuickBooks.
* Demonstrate a thorough understanding of manufacturing COGS / cost accounting and budgeting processes, including materials, direct and indirect labor, and overheads. * Develop and document standardized product specifications for each product line.
* Ensure consistency with production cost efficiency and quality control improvements. * Provide support towards shipping and receiving responsibilities.
* Travel to trade shows as necessary 2 or 3 times a year.
* Manage several major sales accounts. * Support customer and vendor relationships.
* Meet all appropriate compliance regulations regarding Customs, export and import laws. * Collaborate with appropriate management to establish related policies, procedures and record systems that meet the needs of the organization. * Recommend continuous quality improvements to procedures, processes and related systems.
* Coordinate production of all marketing materials. * Schedule and monitor production to ensure timelines are met. * Incorporate company values in carrying out all job functions and responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have the additional attributes:
+ Friendly, collaborative and positive.
+ Ability to work well under pressure and stress.
+ Ability to prioritize multiple demands and be flexible to changing conditions.
+ Previous production experience. + Previous experience in the cycling or apparel industry.
We offer 4 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays and a generous salary.
See our products at http://www.retroimageapparel.com
How to Apply
Please e-mail a resume with salary history and cover letter to gene (at) retroimageapparel.com
Explain in your cover letter why you are a good fit for this position. No phone calls please. Applications will be considered through July 27th. Thank you!