Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on April 26th, 2012 at 2:29 pm
Marketing and Sales Manager
MARKETING AND SALES MANAGER FOR FOLDING BICYCLE CO. PORTLAND, OREGON
This is a full-time position – salary commensurate with experience and commission of sales. MBA in Marketing/Sales preferred, although a Bachelors in Business will be considered. Must have 10+ years progressive experience in Sales & Marketing in the area of sustainable transportation, specifically the global bicycle and e-bicycle movement.
• Manage business development for folding bikes as part of citywide transportation packages, requiring ongoing primary research and development of product and service to formulate dynamic government/private partnership plans for successful execution and implementation within major U.S. cities.
• Build and manage small staff – recruit, train, schedule, counsel, and discipline; communicate job expectations, review job contributions and compensation, while enforcing policies and procedures.
• Achieve marketing and sales objectives – contribute to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems; and implement change.
• Achieve defined goals and objectives within politically charged sales environment. Meet financial objectives – forecast requirements; prepare budgets; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions.
• Determine annual and gross-profit plans – forecast and develop annual sales quotas; project expected sales volume and profit; analyze trends; establish pricing strategies; monitor costs, competition, supply, and demand.
• Accomplish marketing and sales objectives – plan, develop, implement, and evaluate advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs.
• Identify marketing opportunities – research consumer requirements, define market, forecast projected business. and establish targeted market share.
• Sustain key accounts – make periodic visits; explore needs; anticipating new opportunities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Must have strong knowledge of, and positive relationships with the Portland and National bike communities and proven success delivering sustainable transportation programs. Requires experience in sales and marketing, managing and implementing financial programs and developing strategic marketing concepts. Great people skills with staff and customers a must. Requires a professional and positive demeanor with outstanding verbal and written skills. Must be able to work independently within a team environment and self-manage multiple deadlines with strong attention to details with analytical and judgment capabilities. Must be able to travel up to 20% of their time.
How to Apply
Please send your letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Do not call, or drop materials at our office.
Thank you for your interest.