Posted by Jonathan "J.R" Reed on November 17th, 2010 at 7:30 am
Job Title: Office Manager
Company/Organization: Alta Planning + Design
Alta Planning + Design is a 75-person consulting firm with a mission to provide green infrastructure and program solutions that help people have active daily lives. We specialize in bicycle, pedestrian, trail, park, and greenway planning, design, and implementation, in addition to outreach and education programs. For more information, see our website at www.altaplanning.com.
Alta Planning + Design’s Portland office is seeking to hire an office manager. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little supervision. The ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important. Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
The Office Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• General office management and support
• Contracts and insurance administration
• HR related tasks, including new hire set up and benefits administration
• Office supplies ordering, miscellaneous purchasing, and vendor management
• Building management, including all maintenance coordination
• Arranging travel reservations for many staff
• Heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants, to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings
• Inter-office communication
• A Bachelors degree
• Minimum three years professional work experience, particularly in general office management and support, office supply ordering, contract administration, building management and filing and office organization
• Experience setting up meetings, conference calls, and video conferences both internally and with clients using shared calendar systems
• Experience assisting with the creation of PowerPoint presentations, memos, and reports
• Amazing organization skills, high energy, and calm under pressure
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Experience scheduling travel arrangements
• Positive attitude, energy, ability to adapt quickly
• Superior customer service skills
• A genuine desire to work in the bicycle/pedestrian planning field
• Experience in or knowledge of the bicycle/pedestrian/advocacy field
This job requires ability to run errands, be highly mobile, and lift up to 30 pounds.
Salary: $30,000 – $35,000. Alta offers excellent benefits, flexible work schedules, and a fun, collaborative work environment with an extremely dedicated and skilled group of planners and designers.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to resumes+pom(at)altaplanning(dot)com by December 1st. Please, no phone calls.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
Racial/Ethnic Minorities, Women, People with Disabilities, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.