Support BikePortland

Report: Daytime Naked Ride

Posted by on June 11th, 2006 at 10:29 am

• More 2006 Pedalpalooza coverage
  • View the full calendar of events.
  • Original ride listing.
  • Yes folks, there were two separate naked rides in the streets of Portland on Saturday (check out this report on the other one).

In order to serve the crowd that doesn’t like the midnight cold or staying up late, the Cougar family organized their own naked ride.

I talked to the head Cougar and he said 52 people showed up! The cops came for a while but they weren’t really sure what to do.

Imagine 52 people showing up to ride their bikes naked in broad daylight. I love Portland.

patrick(db) June 11, 2006 at 10:44 am

What? No photos? 🙂

Cody Cougar Bikencamp June 11, 2006 at 3:28 pm

Actually we took a group photo at the end. There was a technical error and the Cody cam doesn’t have anything to share.

Lyla Emery Reno also had a few pictures taken. She shoots analog film so it might take a while for them to appear, but when they do, they should be available at http://lylaemeryreno.com/bike.php

lyla June 13, 2006 at 12:23 am

I put my four favorite shots up from the ride. It was awsome to make the ride and i’m glad I got a few shots!

Cody Cougar Bikencamp June 13, 2006 at 10:42 am

Thanks Lyla. So glad you (and everyone) made it.

The photos are great. The 4th one, with the lady rider smiling into the camera is perfect.

r June 17, 2008 at 12:04 am

I am not able to get this link to light up.

r June 17, 2008 at 12:05 am

also, by my count there were closer to 80 people on the daylight ride

PB June 15, 2013 at 6:58 pm

I was also there for the afternoon ride. By my personal count when we left Coe Circle we were 97 strong. There were four rides that day, actually. The first of the day left Dawson Park a little past 10 am, and I think I counted 28 upon departure. After the afternoon ride there was the Leif Eriksen 10k. Then The Big One at 10 pm. In all I was naked for 10 hours and covered almost 60 miles. Best day of my life so far! Thanks to everyone who made it such a wonderful and safe day.