Aaron Tarfman, local bike activist and the man behind YourBodyPower.org, has completed a series of Virtual Bike Tours of Portland. His virtual tours include detailed route descriptions and photographs of nine different routes covering the entire Portland region. These are an excellent resource and a great way to learn how to move around the city by bike. Here’s his list of tours:
- North Portland – From Columbia Park to downtown.
- Southwest Portland – From Sunset Transit Center to downtown.
- Marine Drive/Northeast Portland – From the I-205 path to downtown.
- The I-205 Bike Path – From the Columbia River to Milwaukie.
- Outer Northeast Portland – From Outer Northeast Portland to downtown.
- Northeast to Southeast Portland – From the I-205 path to downtown.
- Outer Southeast Portland – From the I-205 path to downtown.
- The Springwater Corridor – From the Springwater Corridor to downtown.
- Milwaukie – From Milwaukie to SE Portland.
It’s people like Aaron who make Portland such an amazing city for bicycles. Thank you Aaron!